Late Bloomer represented the USA at Worlds

Started by Coach Sommer, February 1, 2009 · 6 Replies · 2,833 Views

Coach Sommer

TOtpSqc-OGk

Despite being a late bloomer at 27 years old, Jeff Johnson went to the World Championships as a ring specialist for the USA. Great story and very motivating. Especially considering that he is a working professional (engineer) as well as a serious athlete and competitor.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Gregor

Very very inspiring to me :D He looks great guy.

"coaches usualy punish gymnast with stregth, for me is punish to do a high bar instead of strenght. I just love the stregth, you must love it" Seem kind of my guy :mrgreen:

Coach question :arrow: Do you know, how much still rings specialists weights ???? If I look myself I over-weight almost all, I think.

Razz

Agree with that guy, strength is not a punishment :D .. wish i got into artistic gymnastics earlier but this video at least gives me some hope :P very nice.

About the weight i once heard a commentator say that fabien hambuechen was a very large gymnast , think he said he was about 170 and weighed 69 kg :( dont know how its possible to have all those muscles and weigh next to nothing..

Gregor

Interesting, but he is not still rings specialist. If you don't have any fat it's possible to have large amount muscle per weight ratio.

Razz

Yes i know he is not specialist, I just found it weird that he was 'large' gymnast and he only weighed 69 kg :o wonder what the 'small' gymnasts weigh... sorry a little OT

Gregor

At my best I weighted 69 kg on 168 cm, with no fat at all.