My main concern is whether or not my lean is sufficient. However I am of course open to any other advice and will apply ASAP.
Any an all advice is appreciated!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by aiken54, June 26, 2013 · 13 Replies · 358 Views
My main concern is whether or not my lean is sufficient. However I am of course open to any other advice and will apply ASAP.
Any an all advice is appreciated!
You should be leaning forward on the front of your toes, like in the video.
It looks like you have an arch in your back and it's increasingly prevalent in your last rep. It looks like the arch was giving a little momentum to get all the way up in the rep.
You also need to be protracting as much as possible.
Good effort there, although I agree with Vincearoo's remarks about your shape, posture & body position. ![]()
I'll get another video during my foundation workout tomorrow and I will apply this advice.
The amount of lean is good, however your shape is off.
At the top you should be strongly hollowed and protracted like a PLL. At no point in the PPP should your lower back be arched.
You look strong in these, so the corrections should be no trouble to implement.
Thought I'd post mine here to save clutter of threads. Just did 5x10 PPP but I know I haven't mastered it yet. Would like to hear others thoughts.
This is my 5th set of 10, the first couple reps I rushed a bit and the last couple reps were pretty tough haha. I think I'm leaning a bit less than usual, but this angle is also a bit deceiving.
Video is private ![]()
Sorry. Thought private worked if linked. Should work now.
Yes, it worked.
Not bad for a 5th set, good effort. ![]()
I am not an expert, but here is what I am seeing:
- You are right, the angle makes it awkward to gauge the lean.
- Your feet are gripping the floor to help a bit.
- It seems that your back arches a little bit on the last few reps.
You have plenty of strength, ironing out the shape and the feet position won't take long.
From that angle it looks like your hands are in front of your hips.
SuperBru said:From that angle it looks like your hands are in front of your hips.
In a planche lean and PPP, your hands are supposed to be in front of your hips unless your COM is behind the hips.
Allan Bowers hands are behind his hips.
They are actually in front if you look closely. It even said to lean forward until the hands are just in front of the hips as one of the focus points.
You will be doing a full planche push-up if your hands are actually under your COM otherwise you will have to have your feet locked in place to be able to do a PPP with the hands behind your COM which is what I call a "super PPP".
Hmmmmmmm...I see.