Thanks, Nic. I've been following Sommer's work since I first heard of him back in my crossfit days (2005). After years of crossfit, powerlifting, and Olympic lifting my body just didn't feel like I wanted it to. I was sick of the aches, pain, and stiffness that came along with it. Historically, when I would go through my annual training burnouts, I would always return to a bodyweight only training program and (spoiler alert), my body felt amazing. Finally, as of a year ago, i hung up my competitive powerlifting hat and how solely train bodyweight only. I found sommers work again as I was researching who the best-in-bodyweight training are. Coach Sommer's system is the most well planned and holistic that I've ever come across. And it's evolving everyday it seems. Nobody else provides the milestones and progressions and rites of passages like Coach does. And it's amazing how much my body had changed and how much more connected i feel from doing exercises I would have previously looked at as silly looking or remedial. Very humbling. So few in this industry really have a knowledge of logical progression long term and coach sommer definitely does. He's the John Wooden of Gymnastics/bodyweight training to me--no nonsense, hard work and emphasis on always improving the basics.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Feedback from Charlie
Started by Nic Branson, June 26, 2013 · 1 Replies · 9 Views
Love the John Wooden reference!