This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

[Form Check] The Elusive PE4. Did I get it?

Started by Nash, June 26, 2013 · 2 Replies · 365 Views

Nash

Hi Guys,

 

I read up on this one throughout the forum and the best two comments I found are (of course) the coache's:

 

- The primary focus remains on achieving full shoulder flexion with the ribs pulled down and the back flat on the floor.  It should feel as though the hands and ribs are pulling in opposite directions.
 
- The most common error is allow the lower and upper back to arch up off the floor.  This of course would be illustrative of thoracic mobility; NOT shoulder girdle mobility.
 

 

 

I think I'm achieving most of the points, but I'm not sure about the "ribs pulled down" part. Am I doing that?

 

Note that in the first few seconds and last few second of the video my lower back is in its natural state (off the ground). In order to flatten it, I'm having to flex my abs. Also, my legs are straight.

 

PE4 video: http://zipzoomauto.wistia.com/medias/izyqo5ndhr

 

I would really appreciate your input.

 

Thank you in advance.

Badi

Hey,

for me you look quite good. I attached a pic with a little point I noticed (the red circle :D)

It just looks not straight and flat because of the shades. Another point would be trying the same PE on a different (hard) surface. I mostly practice on carpet aswell but its still different in term of "flatness".

 

For me you look good and ready to progress when you get the 5x30 seconds with the iM.

 

 

edit: What might help is trying to really open your lats. This is mostly what helps me to fully understand the open shoulder thing. This way you can sit in this position with a super flat back pretty long. Just tryto really feel your lats opening or going "outside"

post-3338-0-19095400-1372237847_thumb.pn

Nash

Thank so you Badi for taking the time and writing this.

 

Yup, I was able to do this 5x30 and also the iM with 4lb @ shoulder width.

 

I'm going to add this to my warmup routine and move on to PE5 (also attempt week 11 at that.)

 

Thanks again.

 

 

-Nash