This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1 & HS/PE1>iM form check

Started by jshaw, June 26, 2013 · 2 Replies · 170 Views

jshaw

Hey guys, I just did the mastery test for HS/PE1 and HS/PE1>iM.  I recorded the last set of each.  I think I'm good with the Tripod, but I'm not sure if I'm getting my hands far enough behind my head on the static seated shoulder flexion.  Sorry for the poor lighting.  Please let me know if I should work on this a bit more before moving on the HS/PE2 and HS/PE2>iM, or if you need a better shot and/or better angle to evaluate.  Thanks.

 

Nash

Please keep in mind that I'm a noob myself, but here are some things that I noticed base on my recent mastery and comparing to the vids:

 

PE1:

 

1) Starting position: I would start just like the athlete in the video for 2 reasons: a) It's more elegant. 2 ) You get an ab workout for free. It's not much of an ab workout, but doing this multiple times a week ads up. I noticed more strength in my core after I mastered this.

 

2) Foot position. Yours are perpendicular to your shins. I would straighten them out like the athlete. Other than aesthetics, straightening my feet forced me to keep my whole core tighter and made me more focused. It's harder than it looks, actually.

 

Other than that I think you're good.

 

iM:

 

1) I'm seeing a bit of an arch in your back which is making the flex look deeper than it is. I would tighten my abs a bit more for a straighter back.

 

2) We might need a closer video showing your side. I can't really tell if there's enough flexion. Also I can't tell how wide the grip is. 

 

Gut feeling: You need a bit more work at the iM for more flexibility.

 

Again, total noob here so please wait for more comments from the more advanced awesome athletes in here.

jshaw

Thanks for the feedback.  About the starting position on the tripod, it's funny because this was the only set I started like that.  I moved into the kitchen so I could record the last set, since the lighting in the other room was even worse.  The blanket I was using to cushion my head was sliding across the floor when I tried starting the other way.  Point noted about the direction of my feet.

 

My gut feeling before even watching my own video was the same, so I think I should do a mini cycle starting with week 9, or maybe even starting with week 5.  I have a feeling that throughout these courses, it will be the integrated mobility that makes progress a very slow process.  Is there anything else I can do other than the assigned integrated mobility that will help me progress better?