This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Swivel hips - popping in back?

Started by gohei_, June 25, 2013 · 6 Replies · 307 Views

gohei_

So I have encountered this weird sensation. When I do these with my right hip (legs go to the left) there is a slight pop in my lower back on the way back up. It doesn't happen every time and it's only on the way up on my right hip. It's not painful but it is uncomfortable.

If anyone have any kind of idea what might be wrong I would really appreciate it.

wheezer

Will be watching this thread... As my legs go down to the right, the left of my back pops just below my bottom rib.

dynamo

My lower back used to pop, not so much anymore, but it always felt good.  More than likely you just gave yourself a free adjustment.  As always if there is pain associated with grinding, clicking, popping then I would recommend backing off until you know more.  In my experience based opinion if it's pain free and feels good then its OK to continue.

Michael Taylor

My back pops occasionally too with this movement.

And my hip...and my knee :unsure: 

I usually feel much better afterwards, though. It normally takes me a few reps before I reach my working ROM and I always feel much looser at the end

This iM is potent indeed :D

gohei_

I have noticed that when I lean back more and creating a bigger angle between upper body and lower body, there is no popping.

I just hope I'm not cheating on the movement by doing it this way.

P5yx
gohei_ said:

I have noticed that when I lean back more and creating a bigger angle between upper body and lower body, there is no popping.

I just hope I'm not cheating on the movement by doing it this way.

just be sure to have 90 degrees between upperbody and legs.

gohei_
P5yx said:

just be sure to have 90 degrees between upperbody and legs.

Yep my angle seems to be a-ok.