This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

[Form Check] PE3 for mastery...

Started by Nash, June 25, 2013 · 7 Replies · 249 Views

Nash

Hey guys,
 
I mastered PE2 and finished the de-load week (week 12) last week.
 
I decided to give PE3 week 11 a try to see if maybe I can do a 5x60. To my surprise, I was able to knock them out with ~2min rest in between.
 
Can you please confirm whether my form is good enough to proceed to PE4. If so, then I'll incorporate PE3 into my warmup routine.
 
Thank you very much!
 
PE3: http://zipzoomauto.wistia.com/medias/9tul30bxaz
 
 
PE3/iM (turn down volume): http://zipzoomauto.wistia.com/medias/0js3gsor9p
 

 

p.s. I couldn't figure out how make the object code for the videos to work inline. Do I need special permissions for that?

Joshua Slocum

Mastery requirement is no rest in between sets other than the iM. If you're taking an extra 2 minutes to rest, you should repeat the final mini-cycle without additional rest. 

 

Your form looks good, though. 

Nash

Thanks Joshua,

 

> Mastery requirement is no rest in between sets other than the iM

 

Is this documented somewhere? I read all the notes and never could find it.

 

> you should repeat the final mini-cycle without additional rest. 

 

Mini-cycle meaning start from week 9 and move forward ?

 

Thanks again.

Joshua Slocum
Nash said:

Thanks Joshua,

 

> Mastery requirement is no rest in between sets other than the iM

 

Is this documented somewhere? I read all the notes and never could find it.

 

> you should repeat the final mini-cycle without additional rest. 

 

Mini-cycle meaning start from week 9 and move forward ?

 

Thanks again.

 

My apologies, I went to double-check and found that I was mistaken. It's just in Foundation that you should not take additional rest. 

Nash

Awesome! Thanks Joshua. I'll wait for some more feedback and probably proceed to PE4 if all is good.

Micawberian

I'm not really good at judging form, but It looks like you need pull in your ribs more during the iM. I hope someone can chime in on this to verify.
 

Nash

Thanks Biren.

 

Do you know where I can find a good visual representation of pulled in ribs vs. pulled out ribs?

 

I'm not sure which muscles to use to control them because I'm not sure where they are! :) I'm assuming they're not the rib cage we're talking about.

IcedDante

Wow- so we can rest in between sets with handstand? I totally missed that and think that info should be stickied somewhere