This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

No full planche in foundation series?

Started by P5yx, June 24, 2013 · 10 Replies · 379 Views

P5yx

Hey guys,

 

i'm wondering why the goal to achieve in the whole foundation series (for planche movements)

is "only" a straddle planche? All other foundation elements (e.g. FL, MN, ...) are included in their final form. That's what i assume from their namings.

isn't a full planche also supposed to be a fundamental skill? is a full planche really that much more

difficult than a straddle planche?

Or is the full planche included in the foundation series?

Daniel Burnham

We don't know for sure what the final progression is but I wouldn't consider full planche basic. It has been stated by coach that hardworking individuals should be able to reach straddle planche but full planche may be much harder depending on limb length and weight.

Personally full planche is not an immediate goal of mine.

Flameous

Note that with all the mobility training your straddle may be full split at that point. That is drastically easier than a full planche. That is why it's possible to say with good confidence that it's possible for everyone, even for over 2m giants.

Alessandro Mainente

if you consider the average of people who are training under foundation series you can observe how there is is very great variability of physique and not only person with good proportions for gymnastic skills.

Foundation is opened to all people. there is who has big legs, who has ,long legs and for that reason the straddle planche is something more reasonable for the average of people. more then full planche. or course body structure is relevant more for skill like manna then actually for planche. Consider my case i'm not very tall but i've big legs due to 14 years of soccer. 3 years to develop my actual str planche on pbars is a lot of time. but is a reasonable goal in a good time.

i'm not saying that full planche is out of possibilities for the most of the people but probably you need 2-3 years more to achieve a solid full planche after the straddle if your body is not perfect for movements with unfavorable lever.

P5yx

yeah you're right makes total sense. I just didn't thought there would be such a huge gap between straddle planche and full planche. But i guess you're right.

I still hope coach will integrate a few hints how to get from a solid straddle planche to full planche.

Just out of curiousity. We'll see...

ausswe

I'm thinking by the time I master the final straddle planc he progressions ill probably be able to hold a couple second full planche. I'm assuming mastery will be something like 5x5 or maybe 10x5? Either way you won't be far from a second or 2 full planche I imagine.

Cory Fair

The Foundation Series is just that: the groundwork needed for more difficult work. In terms of what's to come later, straddle planche is the better requirement for time spent training. It can certainly be developed, but it's a matter of overall return versus effort dedicated to a single item.

 

I wouldn't worry too much about the end anyways, since we have only revealed a single grain of sand out of the entire beach of future possibilities. :)

ausswe

I think if you can hold the mastery for straddle planche you will be pretty close if not there for a full planche for a couple seconds. I imagine you won't need any hints it will just be continue the final mini cycle until you have a full planche or something :P

Alessandro Mainente

probably if you have chicken legs you can hold 1 second planche with a mastery of 10 seconds straddle.

straddle planche with great split is easier then straddle planche with V legs shape. for this reason the leverage difference is not small from straddle to full.

Daniel Burnham

I have about. 10 second planche but cannot hold a full planche for even a second. Just an example of the gap. I also have a decent straddle flexibility.

Joshua Slocum

Straddle planche is about as difficult as the other movements. A full planche is much more difficult than e.g. a front lever or hollow back press.