This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1>iM form check

Started by MarcinTrybalski, June 24, 2013 · 6 Replies · 398 Views

MarcinTrybalski

 

I`ve been working with this mobility drill for about 7 weeks and finally got the feeling of pulling my arms behind my head with the traps and with nothing else :) I especially felt the pars transversus and descendus and i`m so happy about it. Now i`m looking forward to add a 3rd mini cycle in order to hit this iM effectively :D

 

Anyway i would really appreciate any critque about my form.

Keilani Gutierrez

looks good!

now to make it great, work on that slight back arch(im with you there on that one) and you'll be good to go. :)

MarcinTrybalski
KeilaniG said:

looks good!

now to make it great, work on that slight back arch(im with you there on that one) and you'll be good to go. :)

Thank you for pointing that out.  After having achieved the proper trap activation it will a pleasure for me to spend another mini cycle on this iM and work on the slight back arch :) 

MarcinTrybalski

Oh man.... I`ve been checking my form for this mobility drill for the last two days because i`m just unsatisfied with it.... either arching too much, pinching my shoulder blades together instead of pulling my arm behind or just overdoing the internal rotation of my arms....  :facepalm:  I posted some new form check videos a few hours ago but deleted them again because the form was actually miserable. To cut a long story short, after having tried that drill a last time for today - after at least 15-20 attempts of trying to achieve an acceptable form - i`m finally pleased with it and had a good feeling as well. But to be sure i wanted to ask for your opinion. Thanks in advance ! :)

 

Danimal

I've been working on this for a few weeks now and have a quick question. How should we be prioritizing the scaling regarding hand width and ROM? In other words, I can pull farther behind my head if my hands are wider. Should I work with wider hands and over time bring them closer in, or stay with the hands closer and try and increase ROM behind the head? 

MarcinTrybalski
Danimal said:

I've been working on this for a few weeks now and have a quick question. How should we be prioritizing the scaling regarding hand width and ROM? In other words, I can pull farther behind my head if my hands are wider. Should I work with wider hands and over time bring them closer in, or stay with the hands closer and try and increase ROM behind the head? 

Stay with your current weight and try to narrow your hands over time until you reach arround shoulder width + 15cm. After that you add weight and start with a wider grip again and slowly narrow it over time once again and so on. Concerning mastery a shoulder width grip + 15 cm with around 5 lbs should be enough. You can keep that mobility element afterwards in your warm up trying to increase your weight over time.

Danimal

Thanks! That's about what I figured since i really need to get that thing back there to feel the traps engage. Loving this exercise, also like to play with it in an overhead squat position with no weight. really lights up the back.