Some lighter Clubs and some Meel work.

Started by Nic Branson, June 24, 2013 · 6 Replies · 2,494 Views

Nic Branson

The meel work done below is done with a static body this is not the traditional way of swinging meals and not be how I swing them in the future, it worked well for the purpose of showing shoulder mobility.

I do the club swinging in conjunction with all my GB training. It help tremendously in regards to shoulder mobility and stability. Do not try anything without good interaction obviously.

trw

Interesting. How often do you do club work? Looks like a great warm-up, among other benefits.

Nic Branson

For me typically 2-4 days a week. For clients who are mostly just after the mobility I include it in their warm up.

It also has a nice impact on cognitive coordination.

FredInChina
Nic Branson said:

(...) the club swinging (...)

 

Swinging clubs have been out of favor since the mid '80es................... :unsure:

 

 

:P

Joshua Naterman
FredInChina said:

Swinging clubs have been out of favor since the mid '80es................... :unsure:

 

 

:P

*groan...* :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Keilani Gutierrez

Nic, about the cognitive coordination, that looks sweet! are you familiar Nick Woolsey's work with Flow arts? he's got a series of some patterns to do with poi that could definitely be used with clubs. 

 

Fred....you're a trip. 

Nic Branson

I am not familiar with his work. I will have to look into it. Thanks for the info.