Win Free Tuition to the May GB Seminar!

Started by Coach Sommer, January 30, 2009 · 43 Replies · 17,670 Views

Ortprod

Has anyone started a thread about traveling together (to save on gas, cab fee, etc.) or rooming together?

I am coming from RI, the exact opposite end of the US and I am wondering what other outsiders are doing to travel to the seminar.

Thanks,

-John

Brandon
Ortprod said:
Has anyone started a thread about traveling together (to save on gas, cab fee, etc.) or rooming together?

I am coming from RI, the exact opposite end of the US and I am wondering what other outsiders are doing to travel to the seminar.

Thanks,

-John

what a journey! I'd be driving from Northern California and thought I had a long trip. I'm impressed with your commitment

Laney

Should I have created a thead on the forum for my training log?? I see that other people are logging all of their wods on the forum and I have just been posting on the WOD pages as they come up and providing links to my blog, where I log all of my workouts. I guess there is no specific structure, only what people think others will vote for...? Is anyone looking at my blog? Hope so!

Brandon
Laney said:
Should I have created a thead on the forum for my training log?? I see that other people are logging all of their wods on the forum and I have just been posting on the WOD pages as they come up and providing links to my blog, where I log all of my workouts. I guess there is no specific structure, only what people think others will vote for...? Is anyone looking at my blog? Hope so!

Afraid I haven't seen your blog, you may want to post on this website

Blairbob

I track yours and AkraJen's a bit. Interesting to watch the girls training doing GB. Are you doing all 4 days of GB?

Richard Duelley

There hasnt been any posts here in a while and I just wanted to say that I am still updating my workout blog. And this week I finally got press handstands against the wall. They really were not that hard physically; I just had to get the coordination down! Yesterday I decided to try Korean Dips again and, after a few tries, I got 2 in a row! Still really hard so I am hoping that at the end of this steady state I will be able to get 3 reps and start using them as an actual exercise! :mrgreen:

Coach Sommer

Just a reminder for everyone that there is less than a month to go (April 15) before the voting will take place to see who wins the free Seminar!

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Brandon

I've been posting my workouts/videos/progressions consistently for about a month now. Just recently I found out my graduation ceremonies are on the exact same weekend in May :( oh well. I'll just goto the second seminar, whenever that may be.

Ortprod
Brandon said:
I've been posting my workouts/videos/progressions consistently for about a month now. Just recently I found out my graduation ceremonies are on the exact same weekend in May :( oh well. I'll just goto the second seminar, whenever that may be.

Oh no! :(

I hope I get to meet a lot of you guys in person. I am really excited about this seminar! Coach, do you think there will be a small enough group to work with us individually or is this going to be a huge gathering?

Coach Sommer

I will be there personally, along with several assistants, so there will be plenty of opportunities over the course of the weekend for individual attention.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Ortprod

Coach, I am trying to post a pic and I can't get my code for images to work :(

Coach Sommer
Coach, I am trying to post a pic and I can't get my code for images to work

Copy & paste the photo address into your text. Then highlight the posted address and click the Img button above.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Ortprod

index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=27257985&albumID=21088&imageID=56130541

:( this is what I come up with. Youtube videos work fine though.

Brandon

l_40b7433766aa4bb2be157cb0b4861edf.png

You are posting the wrong link. Right-click your image, select properties, and copy that location, then follow Coach's instructions

Ortprod

O snap! Now I feel dumb :P

Here is my previous best planche. Coach's steady state cycle works!

l_793b0219af484480a7586d158a929563.png

Brandon

Great job

Blairbob

awesome, man. straddle planche-woohoo!

Ortprod

Thanks Guys! I find it equally difficult to hold a low straddle as an advanced tuck. Thoughts? Should I switch to a low straddle for the norm in my workout?

I got one more video of today's workout to post. Hopefully I can get it done/posted before voting starts. How is everyone else doing??

Laney

How and When are we supposed to vote??

~Laney