This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Weighted pike stretch for long duration?

Started by Nautique163, June 23, 2013 · 3 Replies · 213 Views

Nautique163

On my once weekly hard stretching session would it be ok to do the weighted pike streatch with a Pnf style and for longer durations of like 1 or 2 minutes ? I tried it today while very uncomfortable it felt good when done.

Joshua Naterman

Be careful, you'll be doing a lot of eccentric damage. Do less than you think you should, and take baby steps forward with the duration.

Nautique163

Good advice .... I think I'll be sore for a few days and I only held it for 1 min.

Keilani Gutierrez

yeah, Agreed on Josh's end. after including Jefferson Curls in my daily warm up pre-F1 and H1 work, I started experiencing -a lot- of cramps on my lower back and middle back. not so much on my hamstrings because i'm doing them standing on the floor and not elevated yet(even though after 5 reps, im clearly letting the olympic bar touch the ground and i relax for a moment and then start ascending.

it's potent, so chill with it and know that a Pike is definitely in your near future, not only passively through the Manna iM's but also actively through Manna PE compression work :)