Hi guys,
I`m new here and need some help about rings.
Are the Ebay $20 chinese rings good? I`m brazilian so they are near $50 to me.
Started by Leandro Santos, June 23, 2013 · 17 Replies · 5,255 Views
Hi guys,
I`m new here and need some help about rings.
Are the Ebay $20 chinese rings good? I`m brazilian so they are near $50 to me.
Can you post the link please?
Hummm..... it doesn't look too good to me:
This sharp embossed surface looks uncomfortable & the molding of the plastic appears sub-par with bad mold marks and overflows.
The straps seem fixed to the rings with a stitched loop - there is a serious risk that the ring will get stuck at some point and won't move freely.
It is unclear how the straps are meant to be attached to support, and it is not immediately obvious how to adjust their length. The overall length of the straps is not disclosed.
If there is a cam, it is not visible, therefore it is impossible to judge its quality.
With Coach's permission, I could maybe offer good quality rings shipped directly from China, but it would have to go through an agreed procedure (I don't intend on spamming Coach's fora); this will include testing and approval by Coach Sommer.
The likely best approach for the moment is to wait until Gymnasticbodies has replenished their inventory of Xrings and resumed shipping to its clients and supporters.
Is there any chance go get good rings around $20? The coach`s rings will be like 100$ to me,. I am brazilian, so the things go double priced to me.I asked about these because i can afford the price and they are shipping free.
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=251237323232&index=18&nav=SEARCH&nid=26255790612.
Maybe these ?. Pls any help me.
These seem to be the best of the cheapest ones, I was thinking about buying them, too.
However, don't set your expectations too high...
Thanks guys for the answers. Thanks for the advice Edgaron
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/11975-home-made-rings/ check this. Homemade rings are good enough if your level is not so high ( so far i have tried dips , muscle ups, rows , pull ups and everything is sturdy )
I have those latter ones, ordered a pile of them from UK for all crossfitters here. I can't really compare to other products since only other rings I've worked with were real wooden rings where the differences are like night and day. They have however served me well for all the things I do. I just suggest either taping or having a plenty of chalk with you. They can get really slippery.
FredInChina said:Hummm..... it doesn't look too good to me:
This sharp embossed surface looks uncomfortable & the molding of the plastic appears sub-par with bad mold marks and overflows.
The straps seem fixed to the rings with a stitched loop - there is a serious risk that the ring will get stuck at some point and won't move freely.
It is unclear how the straps are meant to be attached to support, and it is not immediately obvious how to adjust their length. The overall length of the straps is not disclosed.
If there is a cam, it is not visible, therefore it is impossible to judge its quality.
With Coach's permission, I could maybe offer good quality rings shipped directly from China, but it would have to go through an agreed procedure (I don't intend on spamming Coach's fora); this will include testing and approval by Coach Sommer.
The likely best approach for the moment is to wait until Gymnasticbodies has replenished their inventory of Xrings and resumed shipping to its clients and supporters.
you can recoment ne please good rings that not exf rugoe or extream because the dont doung shipping
^^^ just look at what's available on ebay in your country.
Blairbob said:^^^ just look at what's available on ebay in your country.
but its nor profesinal rings and may be dangerus of snap rings
What country are you in?
Blairbob said:What country are you in?
israel
You might have to pay import fees, dunno.
These are overpriced as hell. They are the same as the 25$ rings, look around ebay.co.uk and get the cheapest ones with bundles, most of them are from the same manufacturer.
I'm not sure about the fees either, maybe the Euro-Mediterranean Agreement has something to say about it, check it if you want to know.
But one thing is for sure, you aren't getting any cheap rings unless you make them yourself.
H said:you can recoment ne please good rings that not exf rugoe or extream because the dont doung shipping
eh? ![]()
I've got a set of the cheap £20 chinese rings, similar to these http://i.ebayimg.com/t/GYMNASTIC-OLYMPIC-RINGS-TRAINING-GYM-STREGNTH-RINGS-TOP-QUALITY-PORTABLE-GYM-/00/s/Mzc1WDUwMA==/z/YkQAAMXQTT9RzDM3/$T2eC16Z,!yEE9s5jGKMBBRzDM3BbUw~~60_12.JPG
Mine say on them "xtreme rings by gymnasticbodies.com" but the chinese packaging, pretty bad plastic molding and packaging spelling mistakes show they are just chinese fakes
They do the job fine, and no signs of wear or breaking from being stupid with them using them as rope swings and stuff with friends. I wish I'd gone for wooden ones now after playing with proper rings at a gymnastic gym but some £2 tennis grip tape is a pretty fair compromise for the significant price difference. I'd feel safer with these ones than the ones where the webbing is stitched onto the rings. Just look on your countries ebay and get the cheapest