I’m up to Week 10 of Bent Hollow Body Hold (4 x 60s).
In the last 10-15 seconds of the last set - when my core is exhausted - my knees gradually straighten out in front of me until my legs are 45 degrees up in the air. When I try to bend them back in, I feel my shoulders start moving towards the ground. So, at that stage of fatigue, my legs need to be straight in order to keep my torso bent.
Just checking why this is?
My guess is… at the moment my lower core is stronger at this exercise than my upper core. With the fatigue of the last 10 seconds, I’m capable of less core compression, so the lower core muscles assist the upper core muscles by taking on more leverage (straightening the legs) in order to create more rocking-forward-to-feet force, meaning less resistance on my upper core to keep my back bent.
Would that be right?
(Either way, I'll be working on keeping the legs where they should be!)