Front Lever Plateau

Started by iyankov_96, June 21, 2013 · 6 Replies · 8,445 Views

iyankov_96

Hello Everyone,
I have been training the front lever for quite a while now but I can't progress any more.
Firstly, one of the main reasons why I am unable to progress is that I usually workout alone and there is nobody that can count my holding time. I usually end up around 10-15 seconds with advanced tuck front lever. And since I can't see my watch I can't motivate myself to hold longer... when I feel the fatique I usually stop.
Anyway that has been the case for 6 MONTHS... absolutely no progres with it. My other skills are developing tremendously.
How can I break this plateau ?
I can do weighted pull ups with 15kg if that is important. Here is my front lever training:
3 sets of 10-15 second advanced tuck front lever holds (I can't motivate myself to hold longer)
3 sets of inverted hang-FL-inverted hang for 3 reps per set with 3 seconds hold at FL position each rep

I found that program from littlebeastm.
Any advice on how to increase my holding time so that I can move to the one-legged version ?
Thanks !

Norbert Marko

someone more experienced than me will give you the exact answer but I think I read somewhere that if you are stuck with a progression for a long time, than you should go back to the previous progression and accumulate some serious volume on that.

Try to increase your tuck FL hold times to 40-60seconds each or so. I do not know if this is the best way but back then when I trained for the advanced tuck planche, I trained the tuck PL for a couple of months, strict form, scap protraction, more lean etc. and as I brought my hold times up to 50 seconds, my adv tuck PL hold times increased tremendously.

Also, do the F1 front lever progressions. Your best bet.

Good Luck with your training!

mrpraktic

I can only help you with counting time. I attached file below. He beeps every second. Put it in winamp or some other media player on loop, or on your mobile or other device that you use. And you will have infinite seconds counter  ;)

Seconds Counter.mp3

iyankov_96

Thanks for the advice Norbert Marko :)
Thanks, mrpraktic ! :)

Daniel Burnham

Go back to regular tuck FL and pull into the lever from the hanging position.  Basically do front lever pulls more.  Make sure you arent bending your arms or curling your hips up to make them easier.  Post a video to be sure.  Also you might want to try and deload for a week.

iyankov_96

I am absolutely sure I am doing them with straight arms. I'll film a video and I might post it in a day or two.
Thanks for the help ! :)

Bernardo Bisaku

Well you can start with advanced tuck FL pull ups :)