This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090130

Started by Coach Sommer, January 30, 2009 · 5 Replies · 1,692 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20090130.jpg

Complete four rounds:

10 kipping pull-ups

1 - 15' Cirque

10 German Hang Pulls

notes:

1) Go directly from kipping pull-ups to Cirques to German Hang Pulls. If rest is necessary, keep it to a minimum until the round is completed.

2) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

3) If you are not yet proficient at kipping pull-ups, hanging tap swings are also an acceptable alternative.

4) If you do not have access to a rope, substitute 15 towel pull-ups; using a slight jump if necessary to complete the reps.

5) German Hang Pulls are found on BtGB, pg. 144.

Chris H Laing

Coach,

I was wondering...what is the reasoning behind resting 2-3 minutes between rounds, instead of just doing the whole four rounds for time as in a CF workout, and resting only when it is necessary.

Richard Duelley

I think the reason is you should NEED the rest in between rounds. The exercise should be challenging enough that it really wears you out! I know during my heavy loading phase of my SS cycle (which I am going through right now) I really need the rest after a round.

I guess if you want to gear the workout more toward endurance then you could try to limit the rest as much as possible and make the movements a little easier than your current movements used for max strength.

Blairbob

Most of this stuff is very taxing with strength or powerful movement so you need the recovery time period that you would need when training heavy lifting or olympic lifting especially with the cirques and german hang pulls though not so much with the kipping pullups ( which can be exhausting metabolically ).

Chris H Laing

niftyvt - I understand the need to rest during max strength work (such as SS) but to me this kind of wod, e.g. four rounds for time of something, seems more metcon-ish in nature

blairbob - are you saying these workouts are not to be treated as a metcon, but more as supersets for working on dynamic strength and power, as opposed to the other embed FSP + FBE workouts?

Gregor

Coach very good exercise!!! I never tgought doing this way :)

In this picture you can see gymnast is leand a litlle backward :arrow: very demanding on lats.

I thought if you lean more forward and turn your sholders in when you declining :arrow: very demanding on shoulders. Coach did your athletes tried this way? I forgot to try...

And one more thing you can climbe more with the back if you try to turn off biceps and vice-versa. And of course you can train both at the same time.