Introducing myself

Started by Norbert Marko, June 20, 2013 · 4 Replies · 4,701 Views

Norbert Marko

Hello everyone!

I made a few posts before but I think I will make a proper introduction here, so to the few who read this I won't come across as a complete stranger on the forums. Trying to keep it short.

I live in Gyor, Hungary, and currently 20 years old, hitting 21 in a couple of weeks ( already not looking forward to it :D ).

In high school I did some weightlifting because I was ridiculously skinny and needed to put on some weight, that was the only reason I got into some hypertrophy training but it is not my type of sport really. I respect the work, effort and time the bodybuilders put into this sport but lifting medium weights endlessly just to look good in the mirror is really not my type of thing.
So after I put on some weight (about 20 pounds, and that was not only muscle unfortunately, cause with the hypertrophy training I followed the seafood diet, if I see food, I eat it), I changed to bodyweight type of training, bought the BtGB at that time around 2009 and started to train but mixed in some street workout type of thing.

It went nicely but there were no proper progressions and I platued and injured myself a lot of times,I guess I'm fortunate that I'm still young and healing fast, because there is no way I could've gotten away with so much stress on my body 10 years later. When some of my injuries happened ( forearm splints... I pushed it very far, now completely healed after 2 years, craking shoulders etc.), I took it a little bit easier and tried to rehab myself but I lost faith in my training for a while...

...until I found out that F1-F4 and H1 was released.
Yesterday I did my first workout from F1 and dude... this is the exact thing I wanted all along. It is simple, effective, easy to follow, with support on the forums, and you feel good and energized after the WO.

Now trying to implement Joshua Naterman's ( I hope i spelled right) workout nutrition, looks good.
For stretching I got Kit Laughlin's book: Stretching and Felxibility, which is awsome, it is like the evolved version of Tom Kurtz's stretching scientifically, with easy to follow progressions ( like F1)

On the equipment side, I'm trying to buy the last pieces like the stall bars ( I have the rings already), weighted bar, and as soon as I have a little more money, getting H1.

Starting every progression from the very start, I do not care how much time will it take because I'm already enjoying the road Coach Sommer has paved for me :)


 

KingJR
Norbert Marko said:

Starting every progression from the very start, I do not care how much time will it take because I'm already enjoying the road Coach Sommer has paved for me :)

 

 

Sometimes it's just nicer to take the scenic route rather than the highway, isn't it? :)

 

You should look forward to growing older dude, it's awesome. Plus, it's inevitable, so embrace it and all the wisdom that comes with it!

FredInChina

Great intro, thanks for taking the time Norbert Marko.

I was in Hungary in Oct of 1989 (Budapest) - that was before you were born... :)

Norbert Marko

@KingJR
it is indeed :) and this course is what made me realize this


@FredInChina wow, you were there when we became a republic again? it was on the 23rd of October so it is very likely :)
 

FredInChina
Norbert Marko said:

@FredInChina wow, you were there when we became a republic again? it was on the 23rd of October so it is very likely :)

 

 

1989 was a WOW year for me indeed:

I was in China, In Budapest, & in Berlin in Nov... :)

............ I'll be in the USA soon... :ph34r: B)