This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE2 - How do you do it ?

Started by MrPuppeh, June 20, 2013 · 7 Replies · 230 Views

MrPuppeh

I have finished the MN/PE1  and moved on to MN/PE2 but I can't manage to do even atleast 1 perfect rep. 

My hips are very tight and I cant hold my legs straight while raising them in a straddle.

 

So i thought Pancake stretches should come in handy but they are hard aswell, I have found out that my hips are very tight ( But I have no problem in doing the PL/PE1 > IM )

 

So i thought this is a great opportunity for me to start doing some serious stretching.

 

Any ideas on where I can start or some kind of easiest variation stretches and then move on to harder ones ?

Jon Douglas

I think the gentlest one will be lying your back, with PPT so lower back pressed into the floor.

Then bring your legs out and up as far as you can without raising your lower back. Once you can get close to 45 degrees comfortably (ie thighs angled towards your body) you've probably got everything you can out of that particular drill.

 

This one also simply requires some practise to feel the most comfortable positions to sit up, compress etc.

MrPuppeh
Charm said:

I think the gentlest one will be lying your back, with PPT so lower back pressed into the floor.

Then bring your legs out and up as far as you can without raising your lower back. Once you can get close to 45 degrees comfortably (ie thighs angled towards your body) you've probably got everything you can out of that particular drill.

 

This one also simply requires some practise to feel the most comfortable positions to sit up, compress etc.

Whats a PPT ? 

 

Is it like lying on the back ( with back being flat ) and spreading the legs in a straddle ( while keeping the legs straight and back flat on the floor ) and holding the position for time ? 

 

If that is correct - then I feel that my hips are very tight and this feels like a good exercise to start.

FredInChina

Posterior Pelvic Tilt :)

 

(the opposite of the Anterior Pelvic Tilt; the ATP is the pelvic position TSA inspectors want you to assume for a cavity search) :wacko:

MrPuppeh
FredInChina said:

Posterior Pelvic Tilt :)

 

(the opposite of the Anterior Pelvic Tilt; the ATP is the pelvic position TSA inspectors want you to assume for a cavity search) :wacko:

This gymnastics stuff gets harder and more complex the further I progress. And here i thought that I have the basic kit ready to start - But i was mistaken ! More respect to you guys and fellow gymnasts !

Jon Douglas
MrPuppeh said:

Whats a PPT ? 

 

Is it like lying on the back ( with back being flat ) and spreading the legs in a straddle ( while keeping the legs straight and back flat on the floor ) and holding the position for time ? 

 

If that is correct - then I feel that my hips are very tight and this feels like a good exercise to start.

PPT- Posterior pelvic tilt. It's the motion of tilting your hips when lying on your back to get your lower back flat on the floor. Taking the arch out of it.

Holding it for time isn't a bad start by itself, but it's more incorporating it into straight body drills that helps you perform them properly, without that sag/arch. It's an important subtler thing to master.

Alessandro Mainente

Do some ileopsoas stretching, this will increase the ability to maintain the legs opened and very near to the floor as the body extends in the opposite position. starting from a lunge you can move at the end of the movement with the back knee on the floor. now move you front leg away from you of 25-30 cm. then you have 2 options:

-try to make you back leg straigth

-maintain the knee of the back leg into the floor while you move the hips near the front leg heel.

in both cases try to maintain the body vertical and the legs on the same parallel line.

m6shifter

I'm on week 3 of this 1 and I will be going back to week 1 on this 1. I knew I would have trouble with this 1. Whats weird is after the IM I feel better and seem to do a little better at this PE.  Maybe work a couple easy sets during the day MrPuppeh.  Its a tough one