Hi everyone!
So I finally bought F1 and it looks great! I have to say that I love the web format! It is incredibly easy to use, and I like the little fact that I can design my own workouts there!
On to the questions:
a, What type of training is F1-F4 exactly? Because I see the acronym GST many times so I would assume it is strength training ( and that is what I seek in the first place). But the exercise progressions feel like I'm going in an endurance direction ( or hypetrophy?). I know that tendons and ligaments has to be strengthened so I guess that is the reason for this endurance ( volume ) based start but some clarification would be nice ![]()
b, I saw that in some progression, I have to use a weighted bar. What do you guys use for that. A barbell? Or how can I substitute it? Do you think a hardware store metal bar would be better?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Some general questions from a newcomer
Started by Norbert Marko, June 19, 2013 · 5 Replies · 195 Views
a. yes, you got that right! ![]()
b. anything from a barbel to a broom handle with a cow's bell ![]()
Congratulations ![]()
GST = Gymnastic Strength Training™
A: Yes F1 is likely much more endurance oriented than what you have been used to - It was in my case. Don't worry, it'll make you stronger, which is what you want. Later in the series the number of reps (mostly) drops off to something like 5x5.
B: I use a broomstick with a weight disc in the middle.
thank you guys!
this weight disc is a really good idea, and so much cheaper, why I haven't tought about it yet, what the heck... ![]()
any suggestions for the weight disc? I want to buy one that can be used for exercises further on the road too. Im roughly at 73kgs if that is something to consider when choosing weight.
Welcome aboard Norbert! I like your signature ![]()
I tried to move more quickly through Patience progressions, but I got a rude lesson when i wasn't ready for the next one... >.< had to go back to basic Patience work.
it is the toughest element that you have to master during the foundation work for sure! ![]()