I just got some stall bars at home and tried doing a strict toes to bar. I can do them on a pull up bar so I thought it would be easy. I only got half way! It was so much harder having the upper back stabilised.
Now I know why they are in F2.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Mark Collins, June 19, 2013 · 6 Replies · 273 Views
I just got some stall bars at home and tried doing a strict toes to bar. I can do them on a pull up bar so I thought it would be easy. I only got half way! It was so much harder having the upper back stabilised.
Now I know why they are in F2.
Mark Collins said:(...) Now I know why they are in F2.
......... and why these are called *stall* bars! ![]()
Mark Collins said:I just got some stall bars at home and tried doing a strict toes to bar. I can do them on a pull up bar so I thought it would be easy. I only got half way! It was so much harder having the upper back stabilised.
Now I know why they are in F2.
Makes it much more satisfying to get it!
Whats a good substitute for a stall bar? Can i have a partner hold on to my upper back for this? Thanks.
I think.. You can use some plank verticaly from pull up bar to the ground. Check some old kung-fu movies. For example legend of drunken master.
Leo Trinidad said:Whats a good substitute for a stall bar? Can i have a partner hold on to my upper back for this? Thanks.
I got my work colleague to build mine. It costs $200 for the materials and it took him about 2 hours. If you don't have a handy friend a carpenter could easily do it and it shouldn't cost too much.
Zach Armijo said:Just goes to show how much assistance you were using before by leaning back to get your toes up. Stick with it, and don't use momentum to get your reps up. ROM will increase with time.
When I first saw this in Foundation I thought I will fast track that 3 months into a week! Humbled again.