The Strangest Front Full Ever

Started by aiken54, June 19, 2013 · 8 Replies · 2,346 Views

aiken54

This is the strangest front full I have ever seen. Done by none other than me. I'm looking to do this well and with much better form so advice is appreciated. My front layout is solid and my half is questionable; however I don't have a good video of the half.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj3lvywXS28&feature=youtu.be

 

Blairbob

 Well, not quite a full twist but close enough.

 

 Mainly it looks odd because you use a barani technique of dropping the chest while doing the first half and completing the 2nd half ish before you land.

Bissen

I could be wrong (I don't do tumbling, and I'm not even super familiar with the moves), but you don't seem to be spinning. It looks like you're pretty much just jumping sideways, and landing sideways.

Helander

I think that is techically more like a layout sideflip started with a foot positioning of a front flip, and the  actual twisting is more like 90 degrees caused by the rotation of your pelvis, not a 360 where you rotate around your own vertical axis.

 

Yeah, on a closer look, the only rotation there is that you tilt yourself a bit sideways after the jump, so that doesn't count as twisting

Banzas

Try to clean you barani first, start with layout and then half twist.

At least to do look like a full twist, you should twist the other way (twisting through your left shoulder).

Andreas

It looks strange because it is not a full twist. You are doing a quarter turn in one direction and then a quarter turn in the other direction.

aiken54

After further review I agree with you guys that this is not a full. It sure felt like one at first but once I started trying back halves and a couple back fulls I know that this is not a full. Front twisting is extremely unnatural to me, despite the fact that front flips and front aerials feel very natural to me. But then again, how can one expect these things to feel natural :P

 

Any advice on twisting forward without dipping my chest? That's the only way I know how, even though I know it's not a proper way.

Coach Sommer

Your issues are caused by attempting to twist too early.  The following tips will help:

 

- Before learning to twist it is important to first master a front pike.

 

- Then a front pike kick out.

 

- Then upon kicking the pike out to a straight body position you may add the half twist.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

aiken54

Thanks for the input, Coach! I will get to work on mastering these skills.