This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE1>iM help, lacking mobility

Started by Jonathan Horowitz, June 19, 2013 · 2 Replies · 231 Views

Jonathan Horowitz

Hi all - I'm new to F1 and am in the process of testing out where I am on everything (PE1 seems to be the common theme so far).

 

When I attempted sPL/PE1>iM (Swivel hips), I found I'm unable to keep my glutes firmly planted. My question - should I find other exercises to increase this mobility, or just keep at the swivel hips until it comes naturally? Does anyone have any recommendations?

pogo69

There are likely additional mobility exercises that could assist progression with for all the iM; but according to my experiences, improvement with Swivel Hips will come in time with patience and consistency throughout the F1 programme.

 

When I started with Swivel Hips, I could barely move from vertical while still keeping both glutes on the floor.  After a full 12 weeks + another 4 week mini-cycle, I am still about 6 inches from the floor both sides, but that is a VAST improvement which is all I ask of myself and of F1.

 

I believe that Skiers have also helped me with Swivel Hips (there are hidden synergies all over the place) -  I experienced discomfort in the knees when beginning the movement, but no longer do.

Marko Uljevic

I have same problem with Swivel Hips and Skiers, so I'm glad to hear about improvements through cycles...