Progressing to V-Sit

Started by ryantherobot, January 29, 2009 · 2 Replies · 2,684 Views

ryantherobot

I've got a solid L-Sit now and have been trying to lift it up to V-Sit. I do a fair bit of martial arts so my legs are pretty good at holding static positions, much stronger than my upper body for sure. I've also begun doing Seated Pike Leg Lifts. (hands gentle next to thighs on fingertips just for balance and lifting my legs as high as I can) I get good distance, certainly not a full V but its something. When I lift myself off the ground though it just doesn't want to happen at all. Any tips? Would an intermediate step be doing L-Sits against a wall and trying to use that to assist lifting my legs into a beginner V?

George Launchbury

How do you get on with the leg lifts if you have your back at a wall, and hips, so you can't lean back? It's OK to lean forward (with flat back) and you should gradually move hand placement nearer the feet to increase dificulty. Be sure to push with palms and not finger tips. This will help with both lifting legs (compressing) whilst pushing against the floor, minimising accidental cheating.

Do you have Coach's book? In which case maybe try L-Sit Lifts or V-Ups Lift P 124-125.

Cheers,

George.

Blairbob

It has been stated for V-sit to simply use the same progression as used in the Manna article.

You could try high tuck hold and extend feet out hopefully diagonally.