This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What time is best doing F?

Started by strme, June 18, 2013 · 9 Replies · 331 Views

strme

Someone told me that running is good early morning cca 7am. What about strenght training like F? Or two session training. How you guys planning this?

Sometimes i start doing F 8pm. Is it too late? I am finish 9.30pm. Last year i was so motivated..i went to gym in middle of night for second session,hehe..but this is extreme.

Christian

Mondays and fridays the best time is 06:47 am or 7:23 pm. Wednesdays are different with the best time at 3:16 pm while thursdays can manage either 11:47 am , 2:56 pm or 8:12 pm.

Just kidding :-) No offense meant. The best time is whatever works for you.

strme

Haha

Keilani Gutierrez

I find morning workouts more refreshing to start the day. i had set my alarm for 6:30am but I woke up half an hr before it went off. just make sure to be well rested and get a good breakfast afterwards :)

thecolin

I do all my Foundation work at 5:30am. It's the best time for me because it's the only time I can squeeze it in between work and family obligations. Working out at that time also means absolutely no distractions, everyone else is still asleep, the sun is still down for most of the year, the neighbors chickens aren't even awake yet at that time. What the hell else am I going to do but train?

 

Just do it when you have time and when it works best with your schedule. If you try to squeeze your training into the "best" part of the day, but it doesn't work with your life you're just setting yourself up for failure.

Badi

For me its quite ahrd to do iM's in the morning especially stuff like the pike walks. I am stiff as hell when I wake up... even after a quick jog it doesnt feel pretty good. I usuallydo them right after university/work thats around 17:00... or 5 pm ;)

SuperBru

There is no best time to workout. It's not important when you work out but that you actually work out. It all comes down to personal preference in the end.  

Jon Douglas

I like first thing in the morning too, particularly due to the amount of time you spend working hard but not near max. I find it both kills my restlessness and gives me a mental boost on the day

dynamo

I perform F1 early in the morning (about 6am) usually 1 to 1 1/2 hours after rising out of bed on workdays and usually a little later in the morning on weekends when I can more readily take my time, but always after my coffee :)  This is primarily because I have more energy for workouts in the morning.

 

However I usually deadlift a little later than I would ordinarily perform F1.  The reason for this is I usually feel stiffer first thing in the morning and I feel like I have better mobility a little later in the day which feels better to me for lifting heavy weights.

 

Here is an interesting note from Dr. McGill about performing full range spinal flexion under load shortly after waking up:

 

"Diurnal variation in the fluid level of the intervertebral discs (discs are more hydrated early in the morning after rising from bed), changes the stresses on the disc throughout the day. Specifically, they are highest following bedrest and diminish over the subsequent few hours. It would be very unwise to perform full range spine motion while under load, shortly after rising from bed."

strme

Yes.i see, is different for everyone. Afternoon looks best. Today i try my first early 7.30pm training and it was litle strange but i will see what is going to be later. My new plan is morning one hour session and after breakfast 10-11am second session for 2 hours