This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Silly F7 question

Started by capoeirista, June 17, 2013 · 4 Replies · 219 Views

capoeirista

Hi everyone,

 

I apologize for asking what is probably a stupid question, but I have been searching the forum topics to no avail.

 

I see "F7" mentioned quite a bit on this forum, but I am confused to exactly what F7 is. Is this different than F1? Is this classified information (i only have F1)?

 

Thank you for dealing with my ignorance

Christian

F7 is what we call it when you do all 7 Foundation exercises in 1 training session.

capoeirista

Thanks for the reply, I had thought as much.

 

Has anyone had any success with doing F7 over traditional setup outlined in F1? and if so how many days/week?

 

THanks again

gohei_

I have done F7 a few times when I had to skip a training day. Most of the times it has been managable but pretty tough, the sessions gets so long so the last 2 exercises suffer from it. It's fine during deload weeks however.

Jon Douglas
capoeirista said:

Thanks for the reply, I had thought as much.

 

Has anyone had any success with doing F7 over traditional setup outlined in F1? and if so how many days/week?

 

THanks again

I've had excellent success with 3 F7 days and 3 H1 days in a week. I'm just now experimenting with splitting F elements, but both are definitely valid.

My reasons for trying this are mostly just to concentrate on improving fewer things on any one day, as well as shorter total times accomodating more frequent H1 work.