This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Good way to know if you're doing HS/PE4 correctly

Started by Michael Ho, June 17, 2013 · 7 Replies · 243 Views

Michael Ho

So it was my first time doing HS/PE4 today and I found a great way to know when your lower back raises up...

 

Equipment needed:

  • Unclothed lower back
  • Wooden floor/hard floor
  • Quiet room

*It may help to have your lower back a bit moist/sweaty  :mellow:  - I do my H1 work after F1

I've found it also works best if your floor is a little creaky and has a bit of a rebound effect... anyway onwards.

 

1. With an unclothed, slighty sweaty back, lie on your back on a wooden floor.

2. Push your lower back down hard into the ground, if the conditions are right, you'll hear a sound ... :)

3. Now do the HS/PE4 movement, moving the bar overhead.

 

If you're lower back raises off the ground, you'll hear the sound again which will confirm that you're doing it wrong

 

Let me know how it goes =) (I hope this works, or else I'll just look wierd ^_^ ).

and it would be best to do it without any potential partners/wooing material in the room though :D

Jon Douglas
Michael Ho said:

So it was my first time doing HS/PE4 today and I found a great way to know when your lower back raises up...

 

Equipment needed:

  • Unclothed lower back
  • Wooden floor/hard floor
  • Quiet room

*It may help to have your lower back a bit moist/sweaty  :mellow:  - I do my H1 work after F1

I've found it also works best if your floor is a little creaky and has a bit of a rebound effect... anyway onwards.

 

1. With an unclothed, slighty sweaty back, lie on your back on a wooden floor.

2. Push your lower back down hard into the ground, if the conditions are right, you'll hear a sound ... :)

3. Now do the HS/PE4 movement, moving the bar overhead.

 

If you're lower back raises off the ground, you'll hear the sound again which will confirm that you're doing it wrong

 

Let me know how it goes =) (I hope this works, or else I'll just look wierd ^_^ ).

and it would be best to do it without any potential partners/wooing material in the room though :D

Bubble wrap!

FredInChina
Charm said:

Bubble wrap!

 

Pressure mine :ph34r:

LateStarter@46

I would add that you should definitely do it in a crowded room (like a gym) - there's no way you'd want to make a noise like that then!

:D

Alessandro Mainente

the best thing i've learned from  RKC coach is use a loop band in tension wrapped around something far away of you so that if you are arching your lower back the band runs away from you...

Jon Douglas
alex87 said:

the best thing i've learned from  RKC coach is use a loop band in tension wrapped around something far away of you so that if you are arching your lower back the band runs away from you...

That's cool! I like that :)

Keilani Gutierrez

lol this reminds me of the days that it gets extremely humid and hot here.

 

on FL days, my lower back will -stick- to my yoga mat from the sweat build up.

 

"stop secreting, it distresses me"

Jon Douglas
KeilaniG said:

"stop secreting, it distresses me"

I get this ALL the time.