Nice Video of Capeoria

Started by kintelary, January 29, 2009 · 9 Replies · 3,419 Views

kintelary

While not "gymnastics" it is mentioned on this site a lot and Ido does it :)

It is gymnastic to me. :)

Well, I imagine most of you have seen this. I don't know if it is on here already nor if this is actually someone on here doing this in the video, but cool stuff.

Edward Smith

It appears as though it may be Ido (Portal) as on related videos there is self-dominance and a couple of videos mentioning Israel capoeira, and a video of roda between 'grito and revivo' Grito is Tom Weskler's (a forum member) nickname and he is a student of Ido.

kintelary

I had visited one of these in San Diego, CA years ago. It was an enjoyable experience, but I was not a participant.

I was wondering if Ido was not involved, but I am still becoming familiar with various members.

Thanks for the response :)

griffdrc

i prefer Sao Bento Grande over Angola... hear is a clip of some floreios and regional capoeira that inspired me to start... i do it as cross-training for wrestling... its actually what brought me hear... i was searching on how to do better handstands...

Ido Portal

Yes, this clip is of my last event (belt or Cordao recieving ceremony).

One of the capoeiristas playing is a former student of mine, and I am the one responsible for the music.

Enjoy,

Ido.

kintelary

Hello Ido, are you referring to the clip that I posted or that griffdrc posted?

They are both interesting, but I like the one I posted better :wink:

Ido Portal

Kintelary, I am referring to your Clip.

kintelary

Very nice. 8)

I have enjoyed martial arts training for most of my life... not for the martial aspects, but for the artistic aspects and Capoeira (I keep spelling it wrong :roll: ) is one I am very interested in doing for the "dance" aspect. The coordination is like full body push-hands or like Wu shu practice. Baqua is one of my favorite arts from China and Capoeira from South America (Africa?).

I am not in a place that has anyone teaching, nor do I have the money to travel for seminars. I have family obligations that preclude such spending. Still, seeing it practiced makes me happy. :mrgreen:

Ido Portal

Griffdrc, actualy, the clip represents just one game of capoeira Angola in its traditional sense, the rest is contemporary capoeira and includes acrobatics, high and fast games. I guess you lost interst after just the first couple of seconds of the clip...

Narcelio is a good friend. He lived in Israel for years and we used to train together from time to time. He is one of the best acrobats I know, amazing body proportions, strength to bodyweight ratio, coordination and explosiveness. Phenomenal.

Ido.

griffdrc

the first time i stopped during the angola but i watched the whole clip later and there is some nice capoeira in there... its neat to see the differences between groupos... it really shows in the roda