No progress on ring dips

Started by hannibal2469, June 16, 2013 · 8 Replies · 4,367 Views

hannibal2469

Hi guys,

i have been working ring dips for almost 2 months, i started with 5 sets of 1 rep

I am still only able to do 2 reps per set sometimes 3-4 when i am well warmed up but only in the 3rd or 4th set

I dont know what is it that i am doing wrong

Please help me out

Thanks

FredInChina

What were you expecting? :)

hannibal2469

Alot more actually, i have been doing this for 2 months...started out with 1 rep 5 sets.....is my progress normal or am i progressing slower than average??

Bar12

I think you're not ready for ring dips. You should focus your attention on pb dips with perfect form, full ROM. And russian dips.

When I tried ring dips first time I did 5 reps, next workout on same week I did 9 sets of 5 and finished last 10 set with 10 reps. So yes your progress is slow, because you chose too challenging movement for yourself.

seiyafan

Can you do at least 20-30 dips on parallel bars in one set? Like what others said, build a more solid foundation first. 

Blairbob

 Sounds typical.

 

 More volume with easier progressions. So assisted ring dip or ring pushups besides PB dips.

Bipocni

No progress is a bit different to "I can do 4 times my max dips in 2 months"

 

Your progress is fine.  Just keep dipping. 

hannibal2469

Thanks everyone for your responses,

i guess i will start with pb dips then

i have decided to aim for 4 sets of 15 once i reach that i will be back to ring dips

does that sound ok?

Jono

Sounds good as long as you are doing them full ROM shoulders to hands (or at least actively trying to do this).