This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

iM Mastery

Started by J0shie, June 16, 2013 · 3 Replies · 154 Views

J0shie

Hey Guys

 

I've noticed on some of the iM's it has a mastery rep/sec count, I was just curious if we're meant to be using the cycles on that as well?

So for example the iM Tuck Ups has a mastery of 5x15reps, does that mean I should be following the 15rep master table for that mobility?

 

I'm confused because I read this in the introduction to F1:

 

"Do not follow a programming template for integrated mobility.  As integrated mobility is to be performed as recovery in between working sets, simply perform the same number of mobility sets as you performed for the working sets."

I just wanted to make sure, if you can shed some light on this I'd appreciate it.

 

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

i think no. you have to do the prescribed number of seconds or reps. usually mobility is not a matter of strength but a matter of active tissue elongation through a joint ROM. so if you have to do 10 sec work until you have 10 seconds. if you need 10 reps but you feel your muscles sore after 3-4 reps work until you got the necessary reps. todau you can do 3, thext week as mobility increase you will do 7 and the 3rd week maybe 10. mobility is an active REST so there is no reason to threat them as another strength movement.

if you are doing in the current week 5 strength sets you will do 5 mobility sets...nothing more!

when something need to follow a particular template is clarified by the sets x reps template.

gohei_

You should do the same number of reps every time. It's only the number of sets that changes. And I do think that the mastery for tuck-up iM is 5x5 and not 5x15.

Of course, there is no reason why can't do more work on the iM if you feel you have to, just don't overdo it.

FredInChina

I think you should invest another 30 to 40 minutes of your time and read the manual again :)

If you still have questions, please ask at that moment.