Tuck Planche and Planche Lean form check

Started by Banzas, June 15, 2013 · 12 Replies · 5,126 Views

Banzas

Hi everyone,

 

After several months, I decided to work again on the planche but this time won't stop until I have a solid straddle planche or even a full planche.

 

Here's a video of me doing tuck planches and planche leans, can you critique my form?

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMPDBPNE0b0

 

Thank you :)

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

tuck planche is definitely high, lower your hips until they are at shoulder height and depress a little bit your shoulders.

for the pl lean you have to lean more to reach about the hips level or some cm less.

B1214N

Hips are high in both the tuck planches and planche leans and the planche leans are not leaned far enough.

Banzas

Tried to improve a little bit, what do you think? I think my hips are getting lower at each set I do.

About the planche lean, if I lean too much I can't hold the protraction position of the scapula, something I need to work.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHQKpOLwutM

 

Thanks :)

Keilani Gutierrez
Banzas said:

Tried to improve a little bit, what do you think? I think my hips are getting lower at each set I do.

About the planche lean, if I lean too much I can't hold the protraction position of the scapula, something I need to work.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHQKpOLwutM

 

Thanks :)

I haven't been doing tuck planches at all, since I started F1 because I noticed that what I was focusing on or what my body was doing to get into the position was simply lifting and not doing enough of the lean. 

 

I can notice that this is something that both our tuck planches have in common. 

 

though I am not working on this current progression, i play around with Planche Leans every once in a while to see how my progress is going and my lean has been improving, albeit i still need to invest more time getting acquainted with Scapular pushups to squeeze as much protraction and Serratus activation as I can. not to mention, hugging the ground with straight arms has taken this exercise to a whole other level for me and has been fruitful in creating more awareness of how to pinch, lean, hold and do it for time. it's taken a while to get used to the new feeling but it really does produce results.

 

are you doing any scapular mobilization beforehand? I work at a desk, usually do long drives occassionally to visit customers and on other ocassions sleep on my side, making me feel a little tight. a scapular mobilization routine as a warm up has fixed this right up when i'm feeling like I need it (like today after rolling my back with a softball)

Banzas

As warmup I always do Ido's routines, I always do scapula push ups too :)

Banzas

I know it's far from perfect but felt like sharing and show you my progress.

 

I'm not working too much on the straddle variation yet. I'm focusing on getting volume with tuck planche (doing 5 x 20s) and with planche leans.

 

Anything you see that may be holding me back or just bad form tell me :)

 

 

Thanks :)

aiken54

On your sPL it looks like you lack hip mobility, as they are piked rather than open as they should be. Also, you lose your protraction on the sPL as well. As for the standing straddle press to handstand, you are muscling through it due to an apparent lack of flexibility. You rely greatly on your lean and not so much on the hips. Your shoulder strength is impressive though, you just need to take some time to reinforce the basics and then these moves will progress much faster. 

Banzas

Thanks for the input aiken54, I'll focus on keeping the protraction and body position. Of course I'll work harder on mobility :P

Banzas

Tried the Advanced Tuck Planche variation today but hips too high...

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu5O2d_t9SY

 

I've noticed that I can't extend my hip to the correct position and keep the back completely flat on the straddle planche, mobility problem?

 

Thanks :)

aiken54

Foundation has some beautiful mobility work for your exact problem :)

Banzas

Already tried some stuff and really felt when I was weak, glute medius cramping :)

aiken54

ALL THE GLUTE CRAMPS!!! It goes away, I have learned. But then you move onto the next iM.... and it starts over again.... :)