Back bend Trouble

Started by aepritchard7, June 14, 2013 · 3 Replies · 1,758 Views

aepritchard7

I am currently learning how to do a back bend.  I can hold a bridge for a while and can bend half-way done.  I need to bend done more and have more trust in myself that I wont fall. Any ideas or suggestions?

Bipocni

Try walking your arms up and down the wall for reps.

 

Really focus on getting your bridge with good form, ie straight arms and legs, open at the shoulders and shoulders elbows and wrists stacked on top of each other.

 

There are some photos in a thread somewhere on the forum comparing good vs bad bridges, but you're supposed to bend more from the shoulders and upper back than from the lower back.

 

But wall walks are a pretty good step between bridges and back bends.

Blairbob

 Back bend from the knee. This is a progression that used to be or still is in the early girl's levels. Like L2 or L3.

 

 It takes a lot of flexibility to actually bridge with straight arms off the knee. Still, it's way less scary and can be done without a spotter.

Rob Pretorius

I wasn't able to do it until I just took a big gulp and attempted it, it'll feel like you're gonna fall but have faith and follow your hands.

 

As soon as you do it once, it'll be in your back pocket :)