This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

About F1

Started by jakralj, June 14, 2013 · 2 Replies · 131 Views

jakralj

I am just starting with F1 training, and I have a question. Should the given exercises in one day be performed one right after another, or a rest between them is allowed? When I do them one after another, it really puts pressure on my cardiovascular endurance, and I tend to lose correct form.

 

Sorry if this was mentioned before.

gohei_

I believe it's okey to take a minute or two between them.

thanners

Your goal is to take minimal break between sets of a particular exercise and their accompanying iMs (e.g. you should more-or-less be going from a set of Bent HBH to Cat-cows and back again without much of a break, just a few moments), and taking perhaps a minute or two break -- catch your breath, grab a drink -- when moving from one type of exercise to another (e.g. finished all the sets for your FL progressions, and moving onto your PL ones).

 

However, your goal and what you are currently capable of are two different things.  When you start, take longer breaks if you need that in order to not kill yourself, and to maintain form. Just keep in mind that you are eventually aiming to reduce the rest.  The early foundation stuff is designed to build a strong base, and part of that includes just improving endurance.