This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form Question: sPL/PE1, SL/PE1

Started by Stephen Greer, June 14, 2013 · 2 Replies · 152 Views

Stephen Greer

Two questions really, I'm couldn't find via search precisely what I'm trying to clarify.

 

Re: sPL/PE1, when watching the demonstration video, it seems the performer has an increased thoracic kyphosis. Now, I've been performing this exercise with as straight a spine as I can muster; am I performing these correctly, or is the kyphosis okay? Tried it both ways, and the latter seemed to get serratus more active, but I don't want to cheat.

 

Re: SL/PE1, I'm wondering what the focus of the exercise should be: the anterior pelvic tilt, the hip extension, or both? I've been focusing on the hip extension, which has made the hold more solid, but I'm still having difficulty maintaining ROM for time (currently repeating Week 6). Maybe a silly question, but I've been struggling constantly with this exercise for a while (as it seems many others have).

 

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

 

Stephen Greer

FredInChina

It is better to post only one question per thread Stephen :), & as you mention, there are already a couple of very good dedicated threads for these movements, why not try to keep all the info together?

Jonathan Cathcart

You should be protracting your scapula as much as possible at the top of the Scapular Shrugs.