This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1 + Swimming

Started by MarcinTrybalski, June 13, 2013 · 4 Replies · 164 Views

MarcinTrybalski

Dear community,

 

in order to get prepared for the swimming exams at the university i have to start with my swim training 2-3 times a week. Now i just don`t know how to integrate this into my F1 schedule properly. Does anyone have any experiences concerning such a combination. Is it reasonable to split F1 throughout 6 days and adding the swim training to one of these days ? I would absolve the swim sessions in the morning and the the F1 work in the evening. I know that every one is an indiviudal and has to figure out for his own whether he is capable of doing such a combination. Anyway i would really appreciate any general advices or suggestions :)

Thank you in advance !

Joshua Slocum

Cardio work generally meshes just fine with foundation work. What Foundation schedule are you on right now? 

MarcinTrybalski
Joshua Slocum said:

Cardio work generally meshes just fine with foundation work. What Foundation schedule are you on right now? 

I´m sorry, i forgot to add that. Until now I`ve done the full F7 three times a week and added 3x H1 in between. But the F7 takes me about 1,75 hours and is quite taxing. That`s why i thought about splitting the F7 days into shorter sessions throughout the week. I plan to do  2 long distance swim workouts with the focus on technique improvement and one harder sprint session.

Joshua Slocum

Spliting F7 in half is perfectly reasonable if you've been successfully doing it for a while. I'd recommend initially dropping the volume a bit when you first add in the swim sessions. Something like this:

 

Monday: F_A and long distance swimming

Tuesday: H1, F_B

Wednesday: long distance swimming

Thurdsay: F_A

Friday: H1, F_B and swimming sprints

Saturday: H1

 

Once you've been doing that for a couple weeks, if you feel like you can handle it, add in another day of F_A and F_B. (Where F_A and F_B are two halves of F7).

MarcinTrybalski

Thank you very much for your advice Joshua. I´ll give this workout plan a try !