Weighted pullups equipment

Started by blynch51, June 12, 2013 · 3 Replies · 2,825 Views

blynch51

Hello everyone!

 

I have been stuck at a pull up max of about 13~14 for quite a while now.  I am looking to increase this by beginning weighted pull ups. 

 

What do you think would be a better way of adding weight.  Should I use a weighted vest or a weight belt with weights? 

 

Thanks!

Daniel Burnham

I think you should try more advanced pull-up progressions. It's cheaper has less risk of overdoing it and allows you to progress to more difficult movements.

KingJR

I've used a belt quite comfortably for a number of years now, and I've built up to hang 70lbs off of it. I actually started adding weights when I was at around the same max as you. Not sure what my max is though...all I know is I'm unmatched in my gym in pull ups :icon_cool:

blynch51
Daniel Burnham said:

I think you should try more advanced pull-up progressions. It's cheaper has less risk of overdoing it and allows you to progress to more difficult movements.

What progressions are there for pull-ups? I have rings if they help but I don't know much (anything) about the different kinds of progressions that are out there.

Thanks!