Yogurt is a rich source of potassium, phosphorous, riboflavin, iodine, zinc, and vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid). Yogurt also contains B12. It has several health benefits. It may reduce the risk of high blood pressure and can give you flat abs.
Yogurt is good for you
Started by Ruthen, June 11, 2013 · 16 Replies · 4,717 Views
And not to mention it has calcium and probiotics:)
Oh no, it also has lactose!!! ![]()
![]()
Proper yogurt with live bacteria cultures is much better accepted by most people with lactoze intolerance than milk, due to the fact that bacteria produce lactaze enzyme that help digesting lactoze, also bacteria break down some of milk proteins to much easier to absorb forms, many people with lactoze intolerance can eat yogurt with no issues (again, check yogurt label properly), give it a go.
Also I would suggest making your own yogurt, you know what's in there, you know bacteria should be live (not always the case for shop yogurt), it is not artificially sweetened.
I use easiyo yougurt maker (you don't need any electric kit), using their starter base, then leave a bit of yogurt (bacteria really) add UHT milk and you will continue making natural yogurt yourself, after a while on your own yogurt you will quickly see the taste difference to shop ones, how bad, artificially and sweet some of them taste.
Saying it's good for you is another way of saying it doesn't taste very good ![]()
I don't find it very good tasting on it's own and needs help from honey, fruit, crackers, whatever.
Still good for you that way and better tasting :
FutureisNow said:Saying it's good for you is another way of saying it doesn't taste very good
I don't find it very good tasting on it's own and needs help from honey, fruit, crackers, whatever.
Still good for you that way and better tasting :
![]()
Everyone is different. If you were to eat a little bit, and concentrate on enjoying the tang, you might find yourself slowly coming to genuinely enjoy the yogurt. You may also respond better to the taste of a different bacterial culture... it's important to find what you like.
Personally, my favorite probiotic is my homemade kefir.
Goats milk kefir is amazing. Though in the summer I enjoy flavored water kefir.
How can yogurt be good for you if garlic kills brain cells?
FutureisNow said:Saying it's good for you is another way of saying it doesn't taste very good
I don't find it very good tasting on it's own and needs help from honey, fruit, crackers, whatever.
Still good for you that way and better tasting :
![]()
Agreed. Well prepared home-made food is almost always better than commerical.
Why eat it plain though, when you can enhance the flavour of multple foods by combining it?
Tzatziki combining garlic, yogurt and cukes is quite tasty (speaking of garlic).
For dessert, I sometimes whip plain or flavoured yogurt with whey powder and it comes out quite nice and fluffy.
Just saying people often say "it's good for you" is often used as a way of saying, "eat it anyway - even if you don't really like it". Not always though. What's good for you doesn't have to taste crappy as you say!
Plain yoghurt IS tasty, though... Then again, I'm one of those odd-balls that find nothing to yum about when it comes to cheeses and bacon/prosciutto/etc.
Anze Merh said:Plain yoghurt IS tasty, though... Then again, I'm one of those odd-balls that find nothing to yum about when it comes to cheeses and bacon/prosciutto/etc.
You... don't... love... bacon?
Ban?
FutureisNow said:(...) What's good for you doesn't have to taste crappy as you say!
This^ is one of the major tenets of Chinese medicine... ![]()
![]()
The more awful the smell and taste, the better it is for you! ![]()
Joshua Naterman said:
Ban?
Hahahaha. Though I'm with him on most cheeses. Not so yummy.
I like most yogurts and cheeses, but hate drinking milk.
A little shop in my neighborhood sells fresh unpasterized water buffalo milk yogurt... adding anything to enhance the flavor of that would be... barbaric.
Or guys if you run out of ideas how to flavor your yogurt go turkish way - ayran (well, just add a bit of salt).
No doubt that yogurt is a good food item for our health because it contains all important nutrition that are useful for our body and health. I personally suggest everyone to eat yogurt daily. I eat yogurt on every morning.