Proper way to get into a false grip from normal hang

Started by Eric Xavier, June 11, 2013 · 7 Replies · 3,383 Views

Eric Xavier

As the title says, what would be the proper way to get your hands into false grip while hanging normally with a neutral grip on the rings?  Is there such a thing?

 

I'm currently either starting with a false grip (form a higher position) and then hanging in a false grip to star off.  Or I'm doing that pull one side, then the other, and the other, and the other routine (kind of like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1QYaap8AaY)

 

I've been working few bodyweight wrist curls with a roller (half body weight with each wrist with weights or full bodyweight with two at once), but  rolling a mobile prop on a fixed bar and rolling my hands over the rings and into the false grip while hanging from them don't seem to be as correlated as I initially thought them to be.  

 

 

Joshua Slocum
Eric Xavier said:

As the title says, what would be the proper way to get your hands into false grip while hanging normally with a neutral grip on the rings?  Is there such a thing?

 

I'm currently either starting with a false grip (form a higher position) and then hanging in a false grip to star off.  Or I'm doing that pull one side, then the other, and the other, and the other routine (kind of like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1QYaap8AaY)

 

 

The "pull one side, then the other" method is widely used and works well. I've never seen anyone simply press from overgrip to false grip. 

Flameous

First do no false grip MU and then lower back to hang in a false grip.  :lol:

Blairbob

Basically as you said.

Either start from a regular grip and shift one hand at a time or be lazy and start off a block to get into false grip from a hang.

 

Or get a coach to spot you up to it.

Eric Xavier

Thanks for the replies.  I was wondering if there was a smoother, more fluid method that I did not know of.

Blairbob

It doesn't matter.

If you were to compete, a spotter would always hoist you up to the apparatus anyways.

Eric Xavier

Thanks Blairbob, that's definitely not happening.  :D

seiyafan

Use a stool?