Hey guy I've been stuck on flat tuck planche and lever for months please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong
Form check
Started by homegymnast, June 11, 2013 · 13 Replies · 2,584 Views
It'd be helpful if you posted a video
Sorry I tried attaching a video but it didn't work
Here's a link to my video
If you are stuck on a move for a long time then the reason may be that you lack the Foundation strength.
I recommend you do the Foundation series and You will find out for yourself what was your downfall.
The chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
PL seems it needs more protraction. How long can you hold them? What have you tried for next progressions?
I'd try advancing FL first on a bar since the activation is easier there, though I have no clue is it shoulder or core strength you are missing.
What were the previous progressions you've done as well as the sets/reps scheme? I also think the key is in the foundation elements that you might be lacking. So knowing what you've done before might help.
Don't forget to breathe... ![]()
Go back to the first, most basic static position. Clean up your technique like the others said.
Can any of you guys actually do a planche or front lever?
Could u post a video
Also I can do a straight arm tuck planche to handstand and can hold a front lever with one leg extended so how am I lacking in the shoulder girdle? I know that might not be very impressive to most of you but I think I'm right where I should be but I will work on protracting in the planche a little more I appritiate your feedback
I'm sorry but we don't care about how "impressive" you are, or are not. You asked for help, and you got the same treatment that everyone that ever asks for advice gets. All I can give you is my personal experience about being plateaued on those same positions in January, and since then, having worked on my foundation have been able to surpass them.
Hollow body Holds, and PPP will do wonders for your FL and sPL. I won't go into more detail as I don't want to give away content from Foundation series.
homegymnast said:(...) I've been stuck on flat tuck planche and lever for months (...)
homegymnast said:(...) I'm right where I should be (...)
Excellent, well done, keep at it... ![]()
Man, seriously. "Back to basics" is on of the most valuable advices people can give you. If you are stucked with adv. tuck planche, it is also the only sensible advice. You can't push forward with these things - bad form or injury will surely follow. Just go back to basic holds with a good form and work up to tuck planche again. You will be much stronger than you are now, trust me ![]()
Sorry if I sounded like an ass I really appreciate what u guys are doing for me so I will go back a work my way up again thanks for th advice guys