This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

CrossFit Marketing

Started by Cole Dano, June 10, 2013 · 4 Replies · 29 Views

Cole Dano

After a long talk with Cory on Friday, steps to take on approaching CF style gyms are becoming more clear

 

- I will develop a short sequence of letters to send to CF facilities as Cold Call emails.

 

- We will first target those for whom we already have lists developed

 

Xtreme Area

 

Australia

 

Asia (This will be the first area I will begin to harvest)

 

- First Sequence will be strongly aimed at generating seminar attendance 

 

Multi part

 

1) First Contact - Brief Intro of GB, Coach Sommer and the services GB provides oriented towards CF POV

 

2) Upcoming Seminar at X location

 

3) SEB Date upcoming (this won't apply to the this campaign as dates have passed)

 

4) EB Date upcoming

 

- Each email will lead to some sort of Opt-In at which point we will retag the contact as no longer Cold

 

- I will generate the content / Cory will generate the InfusionSoft automation

 

- First Draft of email will be posted here for feedback

 

- Timeline:

 

1) This Week: First Contact Draft Up for review / Asia CF list complete for Cory to Import

2) Next Week: Automation Ready for First Contact Mail / Send First Contact Mail / Seminar Specific Mails for Review

3) Week After Next: Seminar Specific Automation Ready / Seminar Specific Emails entered into the automation / System on Auto pilot

 

Further CF Development:

 

- Continue to systematically harvest CF emails and move them to Cory for Import

- Develop more extensive CF Contact sequence which can branch to seminar specific as needed

 

See attached image for graphic overview of the proposed strategy

 

Note: I use MindNode lite for creating strategies and brainstorming and would like to request that GB acquire the full version for at least myself to use (apx$20) as it's been invaluable to me.

 

post-1330-0-61818400-1370861529_thumb.pn

Nic Branson

I am curious as to why we are focusing in the Asian market and not looking to expand our local US market first? On the surface is appears it would be both easier and definitely cheaper travel wise for all involved.

Cole Dano

Cory has informed me that without an opt-in we can't send emails using InfusionSoft.

 

@Cory -

If I draft a letter, will you set up a mail client and import the lists I send you and send them out? This is beyond my pay grade at the moment.

 

My intention for this would be to write a single part intro to GB and our combined services with the goal action to opt in to our mailing list where we can begin to market seminars etc more specifically.

 

@Nic -

Coach tasked me with setting up one month in Asia in addition to a number of US dates after that. As Australia was already set (we didn't know Kit was shutting down at the time) I built around that with the following step being to set up the US dates.

 

I'm not sure when Coach changed his mind on those, as I've heard from both you and Cory that he's not wanting to do anymore dates this year.

 

Has I known that I would have lobbied for a far shorter Asian tour and focus on the US.

 

Regarding the CF list harvesting, I'm doing Asia first 1) we have dates set there 2) there are numerically fewer CFs so it's not such a daunting task to harvest

 

As it is - I spent 40 minutes going over Japan and Korea, and in that time was only able to harvest 4 new emails. It's a very labor intensive task. Click on the CF map, click on the link to the CF gym, hunt around for the email address on the site.

 

Many of the sites only have contact forms and no email address. I'm not sure it's good policy to spam a contact form and if so, again this will be very time consuming. 

 

Interestingly many of the locations on the CF map lead to dead pages.

 

It will take some time to do this unless someone knows of a better way to get CF email addresses.

 

@Coach

Do you mind if I ask Jeff Serven to write a brief testimonial? As he is a CF owner I can't think of a better person to speak for GB to the CF community.

Coach Sommer

Cole,

 

- Relax.  You are over thinking this.  

 

- Harvest email addresses.  Send out an intro letter for the seminar in that geographical area.  Handle responses thru regular email.

 

Later the system can be automated thru infusion soft.  

 

- I believe that you were already provided with a complete url listing of all of the crossfit gyms in the world.  Yes, it will be labor intensive.  What do you guys think that Cory and I do each day?!?   :)

 

- Currently listed seminars need to be maxed out in attendance.  That means expanding our targeted audience.  It is no longer sufficient to rely simply on organic seminar signups from the forum.

 

- Greatly expanding our proposed seminars will also be dependent upon the staff being completely developed to handle the increase in seminars.  This is currently in progress, but not yet completed.  Currently we only have four who have certified at the .5 level and none at L1.

 

- I agreed that we need to expand the seminars.  I would prefer to do more local in the southwestern US for the time being after the asia seminars.  However with the huge numbers of crossfit gyms in that region this should not be a problem.

Nic Branson

We're working on coaching staff. Going to take some time to get people through and see who is motivated.

Currently we have those 4, Orench and myself.