This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Trying to come back stronger (How to work around wrist injury?)

Started by e04, June 9, 2013 · 5 Replies · 190 Views

e04

current suffering from wrist pain : https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/11681-one-big-wrist-mess-discouraged/ and ankle injury from tumbling.

 

 

 

Was disheartened because of it,so I stopped working out for 2 weeks. And now i crave for movements, and resistant so that my body will grow.

 

So, how do I work around my wrist injury and still be able to make progress?

 

Fl Pe1 (able to do)

 

Spl Pe1 (need a substitution exercise)

 

Sl Pe1 (able to do)

 

Mn Pe2  (can't straighten my foot due to ankle injury. so do I still do it anyway?)

 

Sls Se1 (do i just train with one leg?)

 

Rc Pe3 (wrist feels uncomfortable when I do it... may need another exercise)

 

Thank  fellows.

Bissen

I guess I'd just do anything I could without feeling pain (or even discomfort).

 

Also, lots of rehab work.

FredInChina

Try to do the exercises on paralletes or push up handles, it may be more comfortable for your wrist.

You can do the mana work with a broken ankle as long as you don't try to point the toes - you'll fix that later when your ankle is GTG.

Maybe you can scale back the pulling to an earlier progression where your wrist can take the load?

 

Do not train through pain: a little bit of discomfort is okay, but not pain.

If in doubt, don't do it, do less, or scale back appropriately. :)

Joakim Anderson
Bissen said:
Also, lots of rehab work.

 

What kind of rehab work are you thinking of?

Bissen

I don't really know - I just know it's good to do :P
You should be able to find something on the internet, however

.

The time I recovered from a broken wrist, I didn't really do anything in particular, as far as I recall. But I paid the price of pain through years.

 

I've heard good things about grabbing rice in a bucket. Lightly weighted wrist exercises are probably good too.

Joakim Anderson
Bissen said:
I've heard good things about grabbing rice in a bucket. Lightly weighted wrist exercises are probably good too.

 

So have I, but I don't want to go at it too early. Several movements feel good on my wrists and improve their mobility directly after, but then they feel painful and stiff the following days. It's a mystery to me, and apparently it is to the professional I went to consult too.