So I decided to film my OAP attempt earlier. I very rarely do these and I first done legs together OAPs when I was at straddle planche level way back then. I rather do planche push-ups, but just did these earlier for fun. These were also done just right after a full planche push-up so I wasn't fresh.
The one done on my right arm looks spot on. Legs got separated slightly though. My left arm one looks kind of slightly off. I could do at least a couple more reps on each arm as it didn't feel like it took that much strength.The hardest thing is the balance as I'm not very used to it. Not bad for never specifically training them right?
To note, I never did any specific training for these at all and hardly ever played around with these. These came from just training planche and was before I even started to train planche push-ups. It also doesn't take much triceps strength as it is not the one arm diamond variation and I don't even feel it on my triceps even though they are quite a bit weaker than before. It's mostly the shoulder taking the load. So if legs together OAPs are one of your long term goals along with planche or planche push-ups then there is no need to do specific training for them as just training the planche is enough.
I don't think these type of OAPs transfer much to GST skills other than some general front delt strength and some core tension. Do you guys think there are any uses or benefits from this exercise?