Hi guys.
I'm curious whether I should do F1 training if I have a 4-month old wrist injury/tendonitis that won't go away. If I should, what prep should I do before the F1? Because no warm-up or pre-WO mobility is listed there.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by fafaedras, June 5, 2013 · 5 Replies · 172 Views
Hi guys.
I'm curious whether I should do F1 training if I have a 4-month old wrist injury/tendonitis that won't go away. If I should, what prep should I do before the F1? Because no warm-up or pre-WO mobility is listed there.
First you'll need clearance from your doc, and a rehab protocol from your physio (likely specific to your wrist); then, F1 can be considered as a wonderful prehab routine for the whole body.
I am of two minds recommending H1 to you; it has very good wrist prehab, but I don't think it should be done over an injury. ![]()
I have wrist injuries too, months old. I do front lever, side lever and single leg squat progressions until I'm injury free. Everything that doesn't involve the wrists.
You need to take care of your problems before you can make any meaningful progress with wrist-related strength work.
I think I may have a developing tendonitis in my left wrist ( Could be due to ganglion cyst and/or early HS work with unprepared wrists at 220lbs weight) so I started to put ice and elevating it at night. And I finally decided to go to a sports doctor to have me checked out and to hear a professionals opinion. You should go to a professional too because they will most likely know the exact stuff that you need to to and/or avoid during the healing time of your injury. The forum members can give you good advices aswell but it is always better to see a doctor who can examine you in present not through the internet. Good Luck !
I myself need a time machine where I can go back in time and scold myself for being a dummy.
Leave me alone Injuries !!
MrPuppeh said:(...) I can go back in time and scold myself for being a dummy.
LOL, you don't need a time machine for that, try it! ![]()