This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE2'S

Started by m6shifter, June 5, 2013 · 3 Replies · 225 Views

m6shifter

I started PE2'S this week and I probably will have to do weeks 1-4 again except the pushups and incline row. I just feel like a complete newbie with these movements. Twisting squats are decent but sometimes sloppy on the twist.  Getting used to these movements is important with good form.

 

Anyone else go back to weeks 1-4

Keilani Gutierrez

week 1-4 is a very great place to start to learn the movements. a month is enough time to prime the neurological system to the new patterns of movement(assuming that is the issue) and get you prepared to when the real work load comes(which can be anywhere from week 3 to week 5-9, depending on your condition)

 

also, it'd be good if you had someone help you film your mastery of the PE1's and get a peer review or solicit an online coach to help verify your progress and what cues can help you visualize and then embody the correct engagement. for example, i can be certain that perhaps Incline Row will be challenging to you, if you were not doing the RC/PE1(Hinge Row) with the proper form and when i say that i refer to lifting the butt ever so slightly off the ground, doing the row motion and sitting up straight with minimal pressure on the glutes.

 

my weak link in this segment(RC) is my grip strength endurance. knowing this, you can place emphasis on starting from week 1 and building up the endurance from beforehand your limit, not at your limit.

 

if your max hold for a given PE(let's say a hollow body variation) is 50seconds for one set, you don't want to start at week 9(4x48) because it will incresingly get harder as time goes on. take a step back, go to week 5(4x24; adds upto 96 Time Under Tension) and build from there or beforehand, if it's a weak link of yours( which is why i started some PE's at week 1 and others at week 5. 

m6shifter

I got through the pe1's fine. Getting the rhythm of the ABR  and BSH is kinda goofy for me right now. I might be alright after the 4th week but right now I feel like a newbie. lol These are new exercises from PE1 so patience will get me bye.

 

Hinge row I had a little lift on the hinge part nothing to extreme. To me incline row is easier. If I am uncomfortable after 4 weeks I will start again. I remember saying the same thing when I started PE1'S.

 

I am curious to know how everyone is keeping mastery to pe1's just by warmup a couple exercises before f1. Or  occasionally doing week 11 over

m6shifter

wow I just warmed up w/ABH for 60 sec and I barely got through the hold. Its been 2 weeks since that 11th week. And it seemed really tough for me. I just did 1 set too. This will be something that I warm up everyweek with at least 2 times a week.

 

This f1 is not easy but it sure is fun

 

Anyone who can comeback to the ABH and knock out 5 sets of 60 sec after a few weeks of not doing it. My hats off to you.