Can you help me interpret the results of my adrenaline stress profile test?
Started by Patrick Smith, June 4, 2013 · 6 Replies · 2,590 Views
Interesting, many factors influence cortisol levels and it looks like you are not suffering from sleep deprivation or an overly stressful job, in fact you may be in a leadership position. The informative chart does demonstrate that your circadian rhythms are working correctly so I wonder what the motivation was for the test and how much it cost your insurance provider?
dmcmanam said:Interesting, many factors influence cortisol levels and it looks like you are not suffering from sleep deprivation or an overly stressful job, in fact you may be in a leadership position. The informative chart does demonstrate that your circadian rhythms are working correctly so I wonder what the motivation was for the test and how much it cost your insurance provider?
Thank you for the analysis, but wow, that makes no sense to me!
I have, in fact, been sleeping very badly of late. I've been unable to sleep till 11 pm or midnight every night and then I wake up feeling tired even if I slept for eight hours. That's why I arranged to have the test done. I payed for it out of pocket. It was about $100.
It is adrenal, not adrenaline.
What did the doc say?
I haven't talked to my doctor yet, because it's going to cost about $150 for an appointment, and I'd rather not pay that if I don't need to. ![]()
It takes time for endocrine imbalances to show up, so if the insomnia issue is recent this may not be reflected in your results. Additionally, your food intake patterns can dramatically affect your cortisol levels.
Eating food in the patterns we recommend here helps keep inflammation quite low, and this could be countering (to some degree, don't know how much) the influence of your less than ideal sleep.
Joshua Naterman said:It takes time for endocrine imbalances to show up, so if the insomnia issue is recent this may not be reflected in your results. Additionally, your food intake patterns can dramatically affect your cortisol levels.
Eating food in the patterns we recommend here helps keep inflammation quite low, and this could be countering (to some degree, don't know how much) the influence of your less than ideal sleep.
Sounds like it must be my eating habits that are keeping my cortisol levels down; I've been sleeping pretty badly for about a month. I'm actually using a meletonin supplement / medication at night to help myself re-establish a good sleeping pattern, and it's helping a bit.