weighted muscle ups.

Started by Genki Hagata, January 27, 2009 · 2 Replies · 3,029 Views

Genki Hagata

sorry if this is a repost, but i haven't seen it around. i just started doing this recently (last week) :D

i was just wondering what other people were doing as far as weight/ reps and how they are attaching the weight to themselves.

currently i have an old spotting belt with a jump rope tied to it that just hands from my waist either in front or back of my body depending on how i feel like trying it. I can do one maxed out MU with +25lbs using this method. also (i know its kinda dangerous but whatever it works) i can put the jump rope around my neck, again hanging the weight either in front or behind my body, this method i use more for chin ups or dips. and finally i can throw the rope over one shoulder, but this seems to be unbalanced so i have to switch off, this I use mainly for rope climbs.

i have been thinking of weight vests although costly, and scuba diving belts which gyms i have trained at in the past have used. maybe using ankle weights? :?:

braindx

I personally just get some sort of belt or rope and tie weight off my waist. Similar to a dipping belt... which would be a good investment.

Be careful with these though.. they're VERY hard on the elbows. I rarely train them.. there's just much more useful exercises than this like advanced strength work on rings for planche/maltese that you can work on that won't kill them.

Walt Peacock

If you have the cash in this down economy you should buy a weight vest. They are very functional. I want one, but can't justify it right now.