This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Problem with passing RC/PE6

Started by RafaelBad, June 4, 2013 · 6 Replies · 281 Views

RafaelBad

Hey Guys,

I have a difficulty with passing RC/PE6. I started Foundation One 18th weeks ago. I started with 3 day training per a week. I was able to pass some mastery levels on the first attempt some of them not, I never really rushed to master them as long as I actually was able to perform them.  One of these exercises was RC which I was able to master till RC/PE6. On this level I knew I won't be able to make it and I wasn't even trying to do it. I got to week 7 when I had to perform 5 x 36s and unfortunately I failed on 5th set.  I could easily feel that this is the kind of the exercise is very hard for my body to perform, my forearms was in big pain and my arms weren't able to hold me.

After that I was thinking why I failed, maybe because I mastered the levels before too quick or maybe because the 3 day training in some weeks was skipping on some exercises from 2 times to 1 per a week, or maybe I'm too heavy?? With previous levels of RC I actually did not have problems at all, my body could easily perform them but when it came down to TUT with my weight around 90kg my arms just said to me no! I have years of experience in fitness, weight training, martial arts but TUT it's not as that easy as it looks, and I knew it's a new thing for my body.

I decided to try again RC/PE6 but in 4 day week training program, and from the beginning. So yeah here it is week 10 when I have to do 4 x 60s and I failed again on 3rd and 4th set when I reached above 50 sec my arms started dropping my body below the bar, I was still fighting in these 2 sets which I didn't let go of the grip but my head went below the bar. I was still holding my body up but as it is written in these exercise head has to stay above the bar, I could not unfortunately do it. I was even leaving bigger brakes (around 3 min) between the sets due to letting my forearms rest and trying to stretch them. 

This time I decided to write to you guys for help. How can I master that 5x60sec? I even lost some weight this time to 87kg. Even though it's still hard. I don't know what to do? Should I start again from the beginning? It's seems like this time I'm just about to get there but still my body says to me no. I will not give up on it but maybe there is a way to prepare or to train for that particular TUT kind of exercise.

Please help. 

Cheers

 

FredInChina

Failure at 50s vs. failure at 36s, that is progress. :) Congratulations.

Why don't you repeat the last cycle after deload? 4x48s, 4x60s, 5x60s

 

On another note, now may be a good time to post vids of the previous exercises mastery for peer review? ;)

FritsMB
RafaelBad said:

Hey Guys,

I have a difficulty with passing RC/PE6.

.......How can I master that 5x60sec? I even lost some weight this time to 87kg. Even though it's still hard. I don't know what to do? Should I start again from the beginning? It's seems like this time I'm just about to get there but still my body says to me no. I will not give up on it but maybe there is a way to prepare or to train for that particular TUT kind of exercise.

Please help. 

Cheers

 

Like you, I found RC PE6 quite a bit harder than PE1 to PE5. It took me a while to master it, but I never doubted that I would get it. And, from what I can read, you should not have any doubt either, even if you are about 10 kg heavier than I am. I think you are mostly impatient. For training, I ended up doing (for a couple of weeks) 5 sets of 60+ seconds with plenty of rest in between. I also (sometimes) did more than 5 sets in training. I was very careful to be well rested for the next training. So, in the end, mastery felt pretty easy. Take your time, and make sure that you get enough rest in between training sessions. 

Ravn

Yeah, this one's really tough. I think that those who find ABH difficult will gain a new perspective when beginning RC/PE6.

I've been at PE6 for about 14 weeks now, and progress is slow but steady. My best total hang time across five sets is 268 seconds, and the target is 300 (5x60). On average I progress at about six seconds every workout, so it'll be a while before I master it, but I can wait. The trick is to record every little bit of progress made, so that you can be certain you are doing the right thing.

I think the bragging rights for this PE are substantial! :)

Edit: This may or may not be helpful to you, but I have begun working towards 72 seconds in the first couple of sets, so that when it's time to demonstrate mastery, 5x60 is going to feel that much easier.

Second edit: Am now at 276 seconds, so thats +8 seconds better than the previous workout. Small steps add up!

LateStarter@46
Ravn said:

I think the bragging rights for this PE are substantial! :)

Oooh, a challenge! I'm on it right away! [Which means I'll quit yapping until I get this one]

KingJR

Your just stronger with dynamic exercises than with static. That's probably true for most people who come from a "traditional" training background. Just give it time dude. I'm on my 3rd try with 2 progressions. Where I always begin at the start of a micro cycle. So each time i fail week 11, I start back at week 9 again. Yes, it's annoying, but I know that I'm getting stronger little by little in the process. We're not in a race to the finish line here. Give your body time to get stronger. Your body is your partner, not your bitch. So treat it well and don't rush it.

RafaelBad

Hey there, 

Thanks for reply. I thought same way that I will have to just give it time.

I'm not impatient with this but I wanted just to hear other opinions. I have now an idea how to strengthen my body. 

Cheers