Advice on training

Started by kimasters07, June 4, 2013 · 6 Replies · 1,650 Views

kimasters07

Hi Everyone, although this is my first time posting, I've been lurking around these forums for about 2 years now lol. Anyway I've began my journey using Coach's training methods in late December 12' ---beginning of this year (although I've been doing handstand training prior to all other training back in 2011). 

 

Stats (if it helps) 165 lbs and 5'7"

 

I tested for a new steady state the other day and found myself wondering what would be more beneficial -

 

a 7 sec. (High) Straddle planche or to go back to adv. tuck planche (didn't test till failure on new steady state)

 

I know I need to bring my hips down more that comes with practice right? 

 

 

Should I continue train the straddle planche or try to work my adv. tuck planche to a single 60 sec. hold?

 

P.S. I just recently bought the F1 book but haven't incorporated the extra exercises into my workouts just yet.  

 

Link to Straddle planche --  http://youtu.be/YA8lokZfEqg

 

Thank you in advance!

 

 

Christian

Nice effort. Not a very wide straddle though, I guess if you manage to go wider you could get the planche at the proper height. Good thing you got F1 and will start at the beginning to master all the iM's (cough, cough).

I would say to follow F1 and up, focus really on the iM but don't skip the PE and keep your current level with some holds before or after F1. My 2 cents.

kimasters07

So you're saying it would benefit me to continue my straddle planche training but just increase the width of the straddle by including the F1 series? 

 

That helps, thank you! 

Christian

I was thinking more maintain where you are with some extra holds before or after F1 and follow F1 to fix mobility issues and potential strenght imbalances.

kimasters07

Oh okay, that makes sense. So mainly just follow F1 from the start huh? Got a lot of work to do! Thanks! lol

Paolo
kimasters07 said:

Hi Everyone, although this is my first time posting, I've been lurking around these forums for about 2 years now lol. Anyway I've began my journey using Coach's training methods in late December 12' ---beginning of this year (although I've been doing handstand training prior to all other training back in 2011). 

 

Stats (if it helps) 165 lbs and 5'7"

 

I tested for a new steady state the other day and found myself wondering what would be more beneficial -

 

a 7 sec. (High) Straddle planche or to go back to adv. tuck planche (didn't test till failure on new steady state)

 

I know I need to bring my hips down more that comes with practice right? 

 

 

Should I continue train the straddle planche or try to work my adv. tuck planche to a single 60 sec. hold?

 

P.S. I just recently bought the F1 book but haven't incorporated the extra exercises into my workouts just yet.  

 

Link to Straddle planche --  

Thank you in advance!

http://youtu.be/YA8lokZfEqg

 

You should go for an advanced planche lean:

B1214N

Straddle half lay and one legged ones are an option too.