This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Two arm to one arm handstand belly against wall

Started by LateStarter@46, June 3, 2013 · 1 Replies · 198 Views

LateStarter@46

Hello, please may I have some advice as to how to get from a two arm to a one arm handstand belly against the wall?

 

I have just managed to get the two armed version (40s with wrist heel inside 6 inches, head in, shoulders shrugged, and legs together) and need to progress in order to submit an effort for the KoF challenge.

 

I had a go and found that I was leaning my weight-bearing right arm out to the side which doesn't seem right. I also couldn't even get my L arm off the floor, so I don't know how to do any weight transfer yet. From the videos I see that people are holding a curve - how do you get into that position?

 

Thank you for any tips.

 

LateStarter@46
Zach Armijo said:

Find the balance by shifting your hips over your hand. Yuri and better HS practitioners than I can give you the finer points.

Thank you Zach for the tip. Very nice of you seeing as I'm (ha!) challenging you :D