This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Humbled

Started by Murray Truelove, June 3, 2013 · 9 Replies · 306 Views

Murray Truelove

It's my first day of week 11, I had expected to do some micro-cycles on a few moves I was having trouble with but it looks like I'll be repeating nearly every PE/IM for at least another 4 weeks! Most surprising was the elevated push ups but 5 x 15r with only the IM for rest just killed me.  Coach consider me humbled!

 

This video sums up my first 12 weeks of F1/H1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEnMo78zE74

Ravn

Haha, I recognize that sinking feeling!

dasede

Same thing happened to me as well. SLS/PE1 was the only one I managed to master without any additional cycles.

Michael Taylor

If everyone here who has found themselves humbled by this 'easy' looking program posts in this thread, it is going to be very long indeed!

And, yes.....I have been humbled

Murray Truelove

Good to hear others going through the same thing! I can't wait to master my first PE!

Keilani Gutierrez

after restarting RC/pe1 from week 5 with proper activation, i couldn't even finish the 4th rep. back to week 1 with this one for sure!  :lol:

 

this will all be worth it in the end  B)

Murray Truelove
KeilaniG said:

after restarting RC/pe1 from week 5 with proper activation, i couldn't even finish the 4th rep. back to week 1 with this one for sure!  :lol:

 

this will all be worth it in the end  B)

Proper activation? Am I doing it wrong?

Keilani Gutierrez
mtruelove said:

Proper activation? Am I doing it wrong?

in -my- case, i was doing them sitting down on the floor and just hinging at the hips. this is wrong.

 

proper form is when in the bottom position, create a degree of tension that will raise the glutes off the floor(in pressure, not necesarily height) and hinge accordingly. Josh Slocum(Hari_Seldon) said it best "it's like a ground row, where you're allowed to pike heavily in the hips"

Murray Truelove
KeilaniG said:

in -my- case, i was doing them sitting down on the floor and just hinging at the hips. this is wrong.

 

proper form is when in the bottom position, create a degree of tension that will raise the glutes off the floor(in pressure, not necesarily height) and hinge accordingly. Josh Slocum(Hari_Seldon) said it best "it's like a ground row, where you're allowed to pike heavily in the hips"

Ah that's as I've been doing them. Phew!

Keilani Gutierrez
mtruelove said:

Ah that's as I've been doing them. Phew!

hahaha sorry to worry to there! :D