Australian supplier of decent rings?

Started by switch, June 3, 2013 · 6 Replies · 2,723 Views

switch

Hello all, new here, and an absolute newbie to gymnastic training (although I carted my daughter to gym for 10 years, I don't think that counts), looking to start Foundation One but haven't bought it yet.

 

There are a few vendors of rings on ebay but I can't tell if they are cheap rubbish or not.  Can anyone suggest where I can get a reasonable quality set of rings from an Australian vendor?  Preferably less than $100,  I did find one Australian supplier but they were $182 for rings only, no straps - this seems too much but please tell me if they are worth that.

 

FredInChina

You really should not have to pay more than 50$ for a good pair of rings (not suitable for dynamic movement) :)

Coach is selling some

TimH
FredInChina said:

You really should not have to pay more than 50$ for a good pair of rings (not suitable for dynamic movement) :)

Coach is selling some

Thanks Fred, $50 sounds good... :)  do you have a link to coaches offering, I can't find it on this site?

Joel Tomkins

I was messing around before Christmas with DIY rings and these randomly arrived in the mail: 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gymnastic-Rings-Gym-Exercise-Crossfit-training-Pull-Ups-/110733622013?pt=AU_Exercise_Accessories&hash=item19c83cfafd&_uhb=1

 

Dad saw my sad looking rings I guess and ordered me some. Less than $30 including postage and they have been fine for me. Only problem is the straps that come on them don't have the cambuckle so I replaced them with some from SuperCheap Auto ($10).

Not really a fan of the bumpy grip but they basically all wore off after a couple of weeks of training so not a problem anymore.

I can still smell the plastic smell that filled the house for days after they arrived though!

Blairbob

 You can find better rings on Ebay australia for not much more.

 

 Rogue Australia as well.

Joel Tomkins

Yeah, I would probably get something smoother and not covered in rubber next time. It's probably too grippy for my liking...